Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i have these really really small rock chips in the windshield, no cracks just kinda on the surface, is there anything I can do?

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
No need to replace the entire windshield, look up the phone book for your local crack windshield repair shops. If it's a small chip with no spider legs longer than 1/8", it can easily be repaired for roughly $50 or less.

Here's the link for a list of windshield repair shops in the Dallas area.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
You are talking about surface damage, kind of like "sand-blasting" right? If so there is no way to repair the damage you will just have to replace the windshield.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
vista_cruiser said:
You are talking about surface damage, kind of like "sand-blasting" right? If so there is no way to repair the damage you will just have to replace the windshield.
Noop ... I used to have a chip or two every 6-8 months or so with my high way commute on I45 (lots of trucks filled with land scaping materials). So my insurance loves windshield repair, much cheaper than replacing the windshield. So check with your insurance, they may offer to pay for the repair rather than the full windshield replacement.

But anything like those below can easily be repaired.

http://www.deltakits.com/?=ov

Best part is, unless you really try and look for it, you can't even see the repaired spot. Check the yellow page for windshield repair in your area.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vuvision you rock, i'll check out those links and see what happens, if it works out perfectly I will be forever greatful.
Basically the chips are about the size of a grain of salt if not smaller, but big enough to leave tons of little specks, those same specks are also on the paint on the front of my car now (all from last week's road trip to New Orleans). When i finally noticed them all over the car I was like angry homer "HOMER MAD, HOMER SMASHH!" :mad: :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts