Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Did you take the time to check the laws on the site in my message? Sheez do we have to do all the work for you? :suspicio:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Tint

I'm also in R.I.

Unfortuneatley, R.I. just passed a law (two weeks ago) that no vehicles can get aftermarket tinting- meaning that which is done outside of the dealer. The new law also states that dealerships cannot tint darker than 35%. :(

HOWEVER.... :lol: .I just made an appointment at Sunset Window Tinting in Cranston. Check them out in the yellow pages. They'll still tint, and they will even go BLACK...(windshield too, if you want it, although I don't suggest it.) But look them up, for sure.

Good luck. While I have your attention- do you know of a good VW mechanic in R.I.?

Thanks. Later.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
psstwgn,

I have a friend who knows this VW mechanic "Omar", but I am yet to meet him. I might have him do some work for me eventually, if it works out i'll tell you.

-Wapptor

·
Registered
196 Posts
Perfect, Wapptor

Keep me posted, please. I need to find someone to help
install my new KW Coilovers soon!!! Omar might be
my man!!!??

·
Registered
745 Posts
rpaller. Nice site. That is one thing that I wanna get done soon.. after i get rims and suspension (prob after the chip too). Didnt know the georgia law. I can tint as much as I want in the back but the front only 32%. I will probably tint 35%. I have a question though, if i have my front windows tinted 50% and i am parked, can I get a ticket for it? Cuz if not then i could tint everything alot since i always ride with both windows down.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I have a question though, if i have my front windows tinted 50% and i am parked, can I get a ticket for it?
Not sure about Georgia laws, but in Michigan I believe it is a secondary offense in that they can not pull you over for the tint alone. In MI it is illegal to have anything on the front driver and passenger doors. I have 35% on all around and have driven past several cops so far with no problems. However, if I do get pulled over I am likely looking at $150 ticket that may or may not carry 2 points on my license. :mad:

I would be surprised if a "meter maid" gave you a ticket for a tint violation though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts