Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I live in Raleigh, NC and am thinking about getting my windows tinted. Can anyone recommend a shop? Also, I don't know what to get my windows tinted with (i.e. which material) so go ahead and post pics of your car if you think yours is the shizzle (sorry, had to be done) and let me know what it's tinted with.

I've got a Blue Silver B5.5, so if you've got snaps of that w/tinted windows I DEFINITLY want to see them.

Thanks,

-BRad

[edit: corrected color]

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Anthracite Blue B5.5 with 35% all around. Notice in the bottom two pics how dark the back window is with the windowshade up:

I recommend you don't get any darker than that on the front windows for the sake of night visibility.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
First Pic is before drop, so excuse the SUV look. I have 38% front tint, and 25% rear tint, I actually wish I had gone to 30% on the fronts, and 15ish on the rears but as it is already illegal, I feel I would only be pressing my luck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gnosis: nice. I am also thinking about whether I want to get the rear window done. I like the sun shade, but rarely do I actually go to the trouble of putting it up unless I'm parking the car in the sun all day. Don't know what the cost difference will be.

-BRad

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
I think you should DEFINITELY get the rear window done, for an even, complete look. It'd look kind of weird if you didn't!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Methane, I have a B5.5 Blue Silver variant with 35% Llumar. It is on the edge for NC, but it does pass (I think my lowest is 30.x%). I will try to get you some pics, because I wanted to take some pics of my FMIC install. If only my buddy didn't have my camera across town. Maybe I will have to run over and pick it up if I get a chance, but I should definitely be able to get you some pics by next weekend if you are in no big hurry. I think my buddy (he runs an Asian car shop) has a friend that tints in Cary, I will ask him about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts