Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I need some advice. Trying to decide how dark I want my tint. I don´t want black, or 6 as it is called. Thinking of 13 or 22. I have a blackmagic B5 with black interior (highline package).

Sorry for my crappy english.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I have 25 all 4 windows and 10 in the back, on satin silver gives the car a good clean look

Whatever you do have it done by a pro so it will not turn purple :lol:

Good luck!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
VWPassatGLX155 said:
I have 38% tint on my front windows, and 25% on the rears. Pictures below

25% on the rears, looks just dark enough to me. Classy and cool, all black (6%) is just too much. I think I`ll go for the 22% then.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
That's true - the legal limit for tint differs state to state, and probably country to country. When I got mine done they showed me a bunch of different shades up to the legal limit and then a few shades (limo tint) that were beyond the legal limit. They warned me what the legal limit was before I had them start the job. I wanted it dark, but I also wanted it to be legal so I told them to give me the darkest LEGAL tint. If it's a reputable shop they'll know the law and how dark they can tint you without making you illegal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Warped
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing