Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
State law here in NH says no window tint on front door windows but will allow 35% on rear doors and back window. Does anyone have pics of their car with just the rears tinted so I can determine how this looks? If you've got a dark color (mine's royal green) that would be most helpful but I really just want to see what this will look like. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
i think your best bet would be to surf around the USA-East forums for ppl in NY. I know some ppl in NY just do tints all the way around... like 20vVillan who i think had 20% tint all around :lol: - rebel.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the law in NY and they can tint all windows. I'd love to do that but since I can't find a shop here in NH willing to help me break the law, I was hoping someone might have just the rears done.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Just got my car tinted 35% all around, which in MI anything on front two doors is illegal. Shop just had me sign off on the fact I knew it was not legal. They were happy to take my money. :)

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SeattleReign said:
Just my opinion, but if you can't get all the windows tinted don't do any of them, it just doesn't look right. Again, just my opinion.
This is what I'm thinking too but I have a new baby and I don't want to have to put up those butt ugly roller shade things so I though tinting might solve my problem. I'm thinking about taking the car to someone in a neighboring state that allows tint to the front and see if I can have it done there. I was thinking about going lighter in the front so as not to draw attention from the local donut munchers.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Don't you ever see other cars driving in your area with full tint? Maybe even darker than should be legal? If you do, I'm sure you could get by with a 35-40% tint all around without getting much heat from the cops about it, but maybe I'm wrong. In Seattle the law is it's ok to tint all windows (except for the front of course) at 35%. I see people all day long drving with limo tint (5-10%), and they aren't getting pulled over left and right. Usually people don't have problems with tints unless they are being pulled over for something else.
I understand about having kids and wanting to keep some of the sun out of their faces, so in this case it sounds like you should just bite the bullet and tint the back half. :cry:

·
Registered
872 Posts
00Psst said:
JDigga said:
Check this thread with pics.
What is your tint % on the rears?

Also, anyone have just the rears tinted on a darker color car? Mines royal green but black, grey would also give me a good idea
The car in that thread isn't mine, but the rears look like 20%. I have 35% all around (mine is black magic); I like the solid look better. Never got heat from the cops; I think they're cool as long as they can see inside the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts