Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i broke my window regulator and found out that the vw does not sell the plastic pieces separate from the regulator. i saw the thread on the pw about fitting the audi's pieces in, but decided that its going to take me the same effort and more money to go that way, instead i made them my self... i used the old cable holders, aluminum and some screws... came out pretty nice and easy took me about an hour to do both.
check it out:

so now my window works fine!!!:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
smooth thinking. its diffrent from the regular mk3 electric window fix i do but similar. i only have to use metal zip ties for the mk3 one's

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dude teach me i want to learn my drivers window is broken for 2 month so poor to buy a new one
its not that hard to do. just take the window out, then regulator. get some aluminum and bend it, then cut the cable holders from your old ones, drill them and screw it on. then the window holders are getting drilled and screwed on. and thats it. the hardest thing is to align it so the window holders are in the same exact spot as they would be with the original plastic pieces.also you need to make sure that the aluminum is the same size as the plastic pieces so it stops at the right place(i used the whole plastic piece with the cable holders, it has the stops already) and you good to go.:thumbup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Looks great! I have to replace my driver's side power window regulator. Would you recommend replacing just the power window regulator or the panel with the regulator w/out the motor? If I buy the panel with regulator I would have transfer the existing motor, speaker (drill out rivets and reinstall) and clips to the new panel. Believe it or not, the difference in price between the regulator and the inner panel with regulator is only $6.

·
Registered
28,337 Posts
Buy the panel with regulator and switch over the motor and speaker.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts