Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

My driver side window stopped working.
I just noticed it today on my way home when I wanted to let some fresh air in.
While I was driving I could hear the relay of the switch clicking, but nothing happened. All other windows work fine.
However, when I got home and switch everything off and pulled the key out. I subsequently put the ignition on again, without starting the engine, but I could no longer hear that switch click. All the other ones still work though.
Any idea what this may be?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
solved it.
I tried to see if the windows would come down with the key in the lock and the driver window wouldn't so I was thinking maybe the motor was busted. I opened up the panel and disconnected the motor. I could see some residue of oxidation on the plug that connects to the motor. I tried to measure resistance over the pins on the motor, but no beep. I was thinking the worst, a busted motor, but as it happens it wasn't so bad. I just tried rubbing the plug up and down the connector on the motor (didn't have any contact cleaner, well, I do, but ofcourse I couldn't find it anywhere....how typical). fter reinstalling everything I tried again, and it worked!!! So guess this was just a bad contact...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts