Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple right? Just get new pads.
I can't. I just got new pads under 8k ago (PBR Deluxe), and can't afford to go out and get more. I just discovered that my rotors are warped and are going south (as described in my other thread about why my ABS was jacked up).

I have heard from several of you that I should just go out and get more pads, BUT what if I can't? Has anyone used slightly used pads on brand new rotors? Any wear problems?

I guess it's better to spend more for new pads than twice as much for another set of new rotors, but wanted to pull some knowledge from you all and see if anyone has any experience with this (some threads through search but none exactly like this)
Thanks
:poke:

·
Registered
752 Posts
I've had old pads and new rotors and new pads on old rotors. Jes put em on and bed thim in you will have long stopping distances at first but once they get "friendly" you should be cool.

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet...thanks guys....REALLY appreciate it. Definitely good to know that I won't kill new rotors once I get them. Now.....GB, or ATE OEM's from getcoolparts.com.....ahh the choices.
:thumbup:
I love this club.

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I'll have to go GB cause you just can't beat that price for them all...plus it's always nice to help out another clubber

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
S_Klass's rotor GB. Don't think they have a "name" since it's an independent vendor. Don't know yet though....I'm looking right now at what to get.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts