5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Re: that link didnt work

guy022077 said:
DaddyMatt said:
I'm not sure if that one will fit, you might want to compare it to the 3362 tool referred to in the following valve procedure:

http://1.8t.org/~quattroman/Audi B5 97-2001/Engine Mechanical/1.8T 5V (AEB & ATW)/Engine/15-32 Valvetrain servicing.pdf
hey hey that link didnt work
Doh! It did work...looks like their server is down for a bit...maybe later. I saved the (823kb) PDF file; PM me if you want it and I'll e-mail it to you.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: that link didnt work

DaddyMatt said:
guy022077 said:
DaddyMatt said:
I'm not sure if that one will fit, you might want to compare it to the 3362 tool referred to in the following valve procedure:

http://1.8t.org/~quattroman/Audi B5 97-2001/Engine Mechanical/1.8T 5V (AEB & ATW)/Engine/15-32 Valvetrain servicing.pdf
hey hey that link didnt work
Doh! It did work...looks like their server is down for a bit...maybe later. I saved the (823kb) PDF file; PM me if you want it and I'll e-mail it to you.
oh i got it i just kept deleting the path untill i got the parent diectory....i got the file but that tool does not look at all like the sears one...maybe i am just out of luck and ill go buy the 3362 tool. thanks though.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
One advantage of the 3362 tool is that you can use it without removing the head (to hold the valve in place from underneath)...but as I recall, this is not an issue for you, since you had to pull the head to replace your valves anyway!

I just found out that Zelenda has the 3362 tool, but they want ~$150 for it! :shock: For 20 bucks, you might want to try the Sears tool first, or maybe even check E-bay for a used 3362??

Let me know if you want some help turning wrenches, etc. My time is tight between work and family, but I'll try and give you a hand if I can...we Club :b5: 'ers gotta stick together!

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks

DaddyMatt said:
One advantage of the 3362 tool is that you can use it without removing the head (to hold the valve in place from underneath)...but as I recall, this is not an issue for you, since you had to pull the head to replace your valves anyway!

I just found out that Zelenda has the 3362 tool, but they want ~$150 for it! :shock: For 20 bucks, you might want to try the Sears tool first, or maybe even check E-bay for a used 3362??

Let me know if you want some help turning wrenches, etc. My time is tight between work and family, but I'll try and give you a hand if I can...we Club:b5: 'ers gotta stick together!
thanks for the offer...but my time is the same way i never know when i can work on it but i will keep you in mind if i get a free minute thanks again.....we Club:b5: 'ers gotta stick together and i do have a vag if you ever need one.thanks again :lol:

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Cool! I'm planning to get a VAG-COM (some day) soon, as I've just gotten the perfect laptop to run it on...I'll keep you in mind if I need to pull some codes. :thumbup:

BTW, have you seen that All-Pro has broken ground on their new store? (just west of Sam's Club) I'm guessing you're in the same boat as me warranty-wise (I'm about to hit 120,000) but it's good to know we'll soon have another option for parts aside from driving to G'ville or ordering on-line.

·
Registered
5,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes i did notice

DaddyMatt said:
Cool! I'm planning to get a VAG-COM (some day) soon, as I've just gotten the perfect laptop to run it on...I'll keep you in mind if I need to pull some codes. :thumbup:

BTW, have you seen that All-Pro has broken ground on their new store? (just west of Sam's Club) I'm guessing you're in the same boat as me warranty-wise (I'm about to hit 120,000) but it's good to know we'll soon have another option for parts aside from driving to G'ville or ordering on-line.
i did just see it a few days ago and i am right at 110233 and no more trips to orlando for parts cant wait..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts