Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
It is a proprietary connector, and for a special video card:

Datasheet (PDF)
Supported Platforms are older Windows 95/98/NT4 with the "Number Nine Revolution IV-FP gfx card.

Sorry :(

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doh! no wonder the "multilink" demands such a big price tag! It's your only choice.... under XP at least...

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I had 4 of those (really). I know the 1600 very very well.

no, it won't really do anything other than SGI unless you buy the $500 multilink box.

and the speed/contrast of that display isn't at all good by today's standards.

I sold all 4 of mine. I even had 1 with the multilink and I did get $500 for it.

its not a good monitor today. don't get it.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
anyone who gets this monitor should also get a working #9 brand card OR the 3dlabs (I think) OR the multilink.

by itself, it only speaks 'sgi'.

the #9 cards are crap. slow and not made anymore. #9 isn't even a company anymore.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear you...

I just thought I could get a widescreen display on the cheap! De-nied! :cry:

Actually I'm looking for a 1280x768 LCD with DVI.... Any suggestions?? :D

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
also, that is an odd resolution. its 1600x1024, if I remember correctly. the 1600 was nice and it was a 16x9 aspect, but sgi never released any code on how to change the contrast and brightness [wow]. there was an opensource driver for the display but you had to run a binary-only (and not publicly known) program to change the goddamned brightness! dammit!

sgi abandoned it. its dead. leave it.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No touchy... Thanks for the advice!

1280x768 LCD with DVI??? any ideas out there?

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I like my sharp units. I have a pair of them, dualhead, at 16" each. they are 1280 dvi and also have analog vga inputs. dell sells them even though the sharp name is on them.

I think they are getting rid of the 16" format, but its a really nice size, esp. if you want to run 2 of them.

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
Like all SGI tech... it's KICK ASS until the PC world comes out with equivalent technology, then it's just super expensive.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
pretty close. mine is a sharp 16" and a slightly diff base. but that one is probably even better. and not too bad of a price, either.

as long as it has 2 inputs (dvi and vga) you're good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts