Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Will this fit my B5?

Tags
fit this will
995 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Trekie 
#1 ·
#4 ·
That looks exactly like the one I have "The MagnaFlow muffler is a Mirror finish stainless steel Street Series # 14833, 2.25" inlet, 2.75" X 2.5 tip, single Wall, Square Angle Rolled 7" in length". However, I have custom piping. Not sure if you want to use your custom piping or you are going to have that replaced?

#6 ·
glxpassat said:
That looks exactly like the one I have "The MagnaFlow muffler is a Mirror finish stainless steel Street Series # 14833, 2.25" inlet, 2.75" X 2.5 tip, single Wall, Square Angle Rolled 7" in length". However, I have custom piping. Not sure if you want to use your custom piping or you are going to have that replaced?
I was planning on bolting it right on to the existing pipe (cheap and easy route). The muffler would be for looks more so than performance but I'd still benefit from a better sound than stock. For the price, I think it would be worth it if it fits without too much labor.

#7 ·
I think the muffler should fit. To be sure just measure the area under the car where the muffler fits. As for the stock piping, I am pretty sure that it may be smaller than 2.25" so they may have to use clamps to make it fit. Not forgetting you will have to make a cutout in your bumper for the exhaust tips.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.