Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I've got a question as to whether or not the newer 2004 GLX Monsoon system could fit in my 1999 Passat.

My friend has a 2004 b5.5 GLX Wagon with the Monsoon, and he's looking to upgrade. I've got a 1999 Passat and I'm wondering if I could install it into my ride.

What do y'all think? I'm pretty new to all this and I appreciate the feedback.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Pazzat said:
Hey I've got a question as to whether or not the newer 2004 GLX Monsoon system could fit in my 1999 Passat.

My friend has a 2004 b5.5 GLX Wagon with the Monsoon, and he's looking to upgrade. I've got a 1999 Passat and I'm wondering if I could install it into my ride.

What do y'all think? I'm pretty new to all this and I appreciate the feedback.
Short answer is no.

You would need the headunit, the amp and the speakers and all the wires. Then, you would need some way to turn it on and off since it uses a CAN bus signal, not an ignition sense wire. (you could just turn it on and off manually, but you would forget one day and come back to a dead battery).

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
quality_sound said:
I believe the plugs are different as well. The HU and speakers are the same, the only difference is the amp and the way the speakers are wired.

Paul :thumbup:
The HU plug is different. I believe the speakers are different as well. (different OHMs, but I can't recall the specifics)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Pazzat
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing