Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This package lowers the car a little and tightens up the ride. It usually also comes with better rims.

You can always put aftermarket suspension on, but then you are paying for both suspensions.
I like the idea of offering a Sport Package on VW's and Audi's, when will they do that with the Passat??

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Its already an option, no? It just costs twice of what it would if you had sourced the parts elsewhere.

·
Banned
1,750 Posts
It's only a factory option on the w8 right now.

The GLX is supposed to come with 17'' wheels for 2005, so I'd imagine they'd have to put a sport suspention on the car in order for it not to look like a suv.

But it probably won't be as good as an aftermarket setup.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stealthx32 said:
Its already an option, no? It just costs twice of what it would if you had sourced the parts elsewhere.
On the A4 it's a $950 option. That includes bigger rims (MUCH better looking IMO), better suspension and lowered, and factory installation with full 4 year B2B warranty covering it.

Where are you going to find that for $475?

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
4meezy said:
It's only a factory option on the w8 right now.

The GLX is supposed to come with 17'' wheels for 2005, so I'd imagine they'd have to put a sport suspention on the car in order for it not to look like a suv.

But it probably won't be as good as an aftermarket setup.
I figured in the Passat it would use that 1BE (I think?) suspension which I've read a lot of people saying they really liked. Having it factory installed and covered by the B2B is a plus as well. In the Jetta it's an $800 option for suspension and 17" wheels.

Getting the sport package from the factory seems perfect for me. I just want a little bit tighter ride, not a hardcore racer that'll jiggle your teeth out on normal roads. I also don't want warranty issues, I'd rather have the warranty cover it. And I hate wasting things. If I got a new Passat and replaced the suspension, I would have a brand new stock suspension that I paid for sitting in my garage. If you buy the Sport Package you only pay to difference between the stock and the upgrade, not the whole cost of the upgraded system.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nenad said:
There is hidden "kind of" sport package option; 1BE-springs,shocks,stabilizer bar, Votex body kit and different plastic trims for interior.
Like I said above, buying those parts are a waste of money. You have to pay for the orginal parts, the aftermarket parts, the labor, and hope that they still honor the warranty.

If VW offered a package from the factory you'd only have to pay for one set of parts, not 2. It would be installed at the factory, and everything would be covered by the B2B warranty, instead of possibly breaking it.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Paradigm said:
Nenad said:
There is hidden "kind of" sport package option; 1BE-springs,shocks,stabilizer bar, Votex body kit and different plastic trims for interior.
Like I said above, buying those parts are a waste of money. You have to pay for the orginal parts, the aftermarket parts, the labor, and hope that they still honor the warranty.

If VW offered a package from the factory you'd only have to pay for one set of parts, not 2. It would be installed at the factory, and everything would be covered by the B2B warranty, instead of possibly breaking it.
How is it a waste of money? If you want the sport package then make your own. Nenad, stated what can be done. You have two choices:

1.Buy the parts and be happy.
2.Get a A4 with the sports package.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Paradigm said:
Nenad said:

You are fully right regarding paying for 1 set (adding a bit over standard price). Regarding warranty-all those parts I mentioned are under warranty,because they are from VW -at least in EU.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
AntWrig said:
How is it a waste of money? If you want the sport package then make your own. Nenad, stated what can be done. You have two choices:

1.Buy the parts and be happy.
2.Get a A4 with the sports package.
I know what my options are, I was asking whether anyone knew if VW would ever offer the Sport Package in the future. I did NOT ask you for my options...

And it is a waste of money because you are still paying for the stock parts (what's on your passat when you buy it from the dealer), and then you have to pay for the aftermarket parts. If it was offered from the factory like it is on the Jetta, Golf, etc. you would only pay the difference. You also wouldn't have to pay for labor, and it would be warrantied under the B2B. I explained this 4 times now.

So, does anyone know if they will offer a Sport package in the Passat like they do in many other VW and Audis?

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Nobody knows, to be more precise VW will never do it for this platform, cause it is end of the life of B5 in matter of 8-10 months.
I am hoping that new Passat will have something like S line (something you spoke of, I assume) of Audi. To have 2.0T or VR 3.2 with DSG shift,4Mo and OE Sport package would be good. Problem is Passat is targeting "older" (over 35 anyway) people and is top of VW line, and they presume that those people do not buy sporty packages. It is simmilar with A8, you will find not much from Audi for this car.

Peace :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.