Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
Al Qaeda's vote of support is not as effective as it was 4 years ago. Their fear tactics are not as strong as they once were. If you think about it, they are like Kimbo Slice. Also of words of fear, but when we came with a squad in to 'ganistan they spread like jelly. While you might say they are recooping and a threat, they are not as strong as they once were. Only satalight groups that add Al Qaeda's name to their's have done anything in the last 2 years. The main fanchise in the Afgan/Pak have done nothing outside of those two countries. Even the african franchises have been weaker than before.

I predict no major effect will come from this "endoursement."

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Hamas endorsed Obama during the primaries, I take this endorsement about as seriously. McCain didn't seek out this endorsement so I see no logic in holding it against him.

·
0 Posts
This is a joke who wants support of second rate terrorist group, I mean Hamas now that's a terrorist group...hell al qaeda may as well be the shining path! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
I'll say it...

This speaks volumes about how wrong the Iraq war was, how wrong Bush was. How horribly wrong our 'war on terror' is. Why? Because it legitimizes the enemy.

Hamas, Hezbollah and other regional anti-semite terrorist organizations are not of the same ilk or goal as Al Queada. Al Queada's goal is to eradicate the US. Well... their goal is to ascend to political/theological world dominance by espousing the view that they want to eradicate the US. We have been playing right into their hands for almost 8 years. Why have no more atatcks happened here? Because they aren't needed. We are already over extending ourselves on the other side of the world at a reduced cost to them.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Now they just have to figure out what states don't have ID laws so they can vote early and often.

So, AQ has credibility? Don't you think they know that if they endorsed Obama that it would damage his campaign? Who do you think they want? Some guy who will let them do what they want and get out of the ME ASAP, or someone who will continue limiting their ability to operate? I think that taking the word of AQ at face value as a premise for a post is rather silly, especially when you know what their interests are and what their "endorsement" can do.

Endorsing McCain is a big nothing. They do think it will hurt him, but McCain voters aren't going to buy it, neither will most Obama voters.

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
I'll say it...

This speaks volumes about how wrong the Iraq war was, how wrong Bush was. How horribly wrong our 'war on terror' is. Why? Because it legitimizes the enemy.

Hamas, Hezbollah and other regional anti-semite terrorist organizations are not of the same ilk or goal as Al Queada. Al Queada's goal is to eradicate the US. Well... their goal is to ascend to political/theological world dominance by espousing the view that they want to eradicate the US.
So you start saying the war in Iraq was wrong, and I think your correct.

However Al Queada really has several enemies, mostly Christians and Christian nations, and their goal is form an Islamic Republic to be rulled by a caliphate. They aim for world wide rule, not just the middle east like other groups.

We have been playing right into their hands for almost 8 years. Why have no more atatcks happened here? Because they aren't needed. We are already over extending ourselves on the other side of the world at a reduced cost to them
I wouldn't say the attacks by Al Queada are not needed. No doubt that they would love to have another 9-11 or something on this side of the world, but cost wise and because they view that the United States is an aggessor, they aim to drive us off the Arabic Pinnusula. It's a view that the United States is more of an invader and needs to be driven from the lands. The only reason they came to attack us is to have that shock and awe effect.

Shift in gears...
I'd trade Bush to the Talaban in exchange for Osama.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'll say it...

Huh? You can't tell me you really fell for that. But you did. You actually believe that because AQ puts out a statement that it actually has some meaning outside of driving their agenda? How can something that isn't worth the weight of the electrons to display it on your screen be evidence of anything? The only thing that it is an example of is their complete misunderstanding of how much consideration the US has for their "power". Would you be saying as much if Kim Jung Il backed either candidate, referring to how North Korea has been "mistreated" in some way.

It's really simple. They can't support Obama because it could potentially seriously damage his campaign. They want Obama. They know that their endorsement implies weakness of their endorsee. They endorse the person they want the least. They think that the American people will reject McCain and vote for Obama, the guy they really want.

Think about it. Obama has said he will pull out and give AQ essentially free reign in Iraq, McCain says that he will fight until AQ is basically a joke. Which candidate best benefits AQ?

Hamas, Hezbollah and other regional anti-semite terrorist organizations are not of the same ilk or goal as Al Queada. Al Queada's goal is to eradicate the US. Well... their goal is to ascend to political/theological world dominance by espousing the view that they want to eradicate the US. We have been playing right into their hands for almost 8 years. Why have no more atatcks happened here? Because they aren't needed. We are already over extending ourselves on the other side of the world at a reduced cost to them.
Interesting view. However, it is a more likely scenario that they expected little or no response from the US or other countries, or any attack would be very short lived. For the prior 20 odd years they were right. We ignored the attacks and went on with our lives. It did't happen this time, and they didn't expect that.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Now they just have to figure out what states don't have ID laws so they can vote early and often.

So, AQ has credibility? Don't you think they know that if they endorsed Obama that it would damage his campaign? Who do you think they want? Some guy who will let them do what they want and get out of the ME ASAP, or someone who will continue limiting their ability to operate? I think that taking the word of AQ at face value as a premise for a post is rather silly, especially when you know what their interests are and what their "endorsement" can do.

Endorsing McCain is a big nothing. They do think it will hurt him, but McCain voters aren't going to buy it, neither will most Obama voters.
You are dead wrong. They WANT war. They want a long protracted war on their soil to vilify the US. They are engaging in FIRST a propaganda war. Our presence in the middle east validates their claims about our hegemony. We give their cause legitimacy.

They are hell bent on establishing Sharia across the globe. They consider Western culture to be antithetical to their aims. Islam as a meme works through the impoverished and destitute (as do most religious memes). For them to subjugate the people of the US and de-establish US world dominance they need to destroy our economy. They need to make our nation poor so that people turn to Allah to rescue them from their misery. Is it a coincidence that Islam flourishes in the most destitute corners of the globe? Do you think that Al Queada doesn't recognize this?

As liberal as Obama may be, his election would diminish their efficacy in recruiting. If we are not viewed as hegemonic invaders, hell bent on subjugating the midddle east and imposing our morality and materialism upon them, they lose the vadlity of their propaganda machine.

What they WANT is the most conservative hawk possible. They want us to invade Iran. They have no interest in peace UNLESS it is imposed on the world via strict Sharia and a Caliphate.

If you don't see this I can't help you. You simply fail to grasp geo-political reality and the very nature of memetic profusion as a tool in societal engineering.

If you want to take over the world the FIRST thing you must do is identify a group with needs that you can manipulate, second identify an enemy for them to hate, third... you identify the means of salvation and you promote that means to the people. Think about this... hard. Think about Nazi Germany. Think about our war against the idigenous people's of America, think about the Crusades, think about the war on Drugs and the war on terror. Think Critically. Hell just fucking think.

Also bear in mind that this 'endorsement' was not a public statement. It was a post on a password protected forum not a press release by Al Queada.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Interesting view. However, it is a more likely scenario that they expected little or no response from the US or other countries, or any attack would be very short lived. For the prior 20 odd years they were right. We ignored the attacks and went on with our lives. It did't happen this time, and they didn't expect that.
You fail to grasp the seriousness of what is playing out on the world stage.

Answer me this... WHY did Al Queada attack us on 9/11. Think hard about it... What do they want? If they didn't expect a response what would be the purpose of making a SYMBOLIC attack against us?

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
So you start saying the war in Iraq was wrong, and I think your correct.

However Al Queada really has several enemies, mostly Christians and Christian nations, and their goal is form an Islamic Republic to be rulled by a caliphate. They aim for world wide rule, not just the middle east like other groups.
Read it again... You just agreed with me.

On the Iraq War. I am not saying that it was just or unjust. I am saying that it was a strategic mis-step of EPIC proportion in this war...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts