Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going form the stock 15' to 17' they come mounted and balanced, and ready to put on, so will i need to have ther alligned somewhere? My if are perfectly alligned and dont pull at all, so will that just keep on working on my 17's?

Thnaks for the Help! :bow:
Ethan

·
Registered
245 Posts
It is always a good idea to get an alignment with new tires. You will get more even wear out of the new tires and possibly better gas milage. As your suspension ages and also takes an ocassional hit it will get a little out of align. Just because it doesn't pull won't always mean its 100% correct.

Ask for a before and after print out if you do get it done. You might be surprised with the measurements.

P.S. Always get a four wheel align. Thats my $.02

·
Registered
112 Posts
turbo2000 said:
I am going form the stock 15' to 17' they come mounted and balanced, and ready to put on, so will i need to have ther alligned somewhere? My if are perfectly alligned and dont pull at all, so will that just keep on working on my 17's?

Ethan
Hey bro. I just bought some 18's from www.discounttiredirect.com and they were mounted and balanced and I have had no troubles with them. I brought them to my local tire shop and they said they were good to go! They are a great ride.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
woodster76 said:
turbo2000 said:

Ethan
Hey bro. I just bought some 18's from www.discounttiredirect.com and they were mounted and balanced and I have had no troubles with them. I brought them to my local tire shop and they said they were good to go! They are a great ride.
so has your tires worn oddly?

Thanks for the input!!

·
Registered
26,008 Posts
Not needed if it is already good. But it can be off and not be too noticeable. I get
mine done often since I have changed the suspension so many times. I got a lifetime
aligment from Firestone.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PZ said:
Not needed if it is already good. But it can be off and not be too noticeable. I get
mine done often since I have changed the suspension so many times. I got a lifetime
aligment from Firestone.
Sounds like a good deal! i will ask the shop about it when i call them on monday! :thumbup:

·
Registered
112 Posts
turbo2000 said:
woodster76 said:
turbo2000 said:

Ethan
so has your tires worn oddly?

Thanks for the input!!
Actually I have had not trouble at all with the wear. No problem.

·
Registered
252 Posts
i got new 17s and i feel very slight pulling to right very slight

i don't know if i need to get wheel alighnment or not...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
ooopsij
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing