·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4065772

By Jeannette Walls with Ashley Pearson
MSNBC
Updated: 2:56 a.m. ET Jan. 27, 2004

Will there be a Bush/Giuliani ticket in '04?

A well-placed source says that the president will “most likely” drop Dick Cheney from his re-election ticket and his first choice for a replacement is former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani.

“The issue of Cheney’s health will probably be given as the reason,” says the insider. “There’s a short list of possible replacements, and Rudy is at the top of the list.”
IYHO, good or bad?

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
They want to win the election using the 'hey that was that Mayor that everyone hated until 9-11 and everyone decided to like because he just happened to be the mayor then guy' tactic... saddly most people wont see this. I'd prefer Guiliani as Pres to Bush however... :wink:

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
I highly doubt it. My impression is that this is another story created solely by the press and doesn't really have a whole lot to it. Seems they're running out of real news.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
msnbc - making up news?

say it aint so!

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Sounds like a stunt to me.
But if it's true, I have no real objection. It'll probably strengthen Bush's chances (not that he really needs it) and if Giuliani runs for President in 2008, the Republicans will have a pretty strong candidate already in the house. But who knows what the political landscape will look like in 2008.... or even tomorrow :weirdo:

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Even with her ethnic status she doesn't have as many voter appeal points as Rudy.

"I'm attacking with my 'Mayor Giulliani', he's a fire element 6-6 flying trample" Yeah a 'magic like' card game with politicans! That would rock...

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
696 Posts
I hope Bush does drop Cheney... Simply to take away the "Haliburton" issue away from rabid democrats.

I'd be happy with Giulliani or Rice.

I cant wait for Rice vs. Clinton '08

what will hillary do? will the pandering work?

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
That's the smartest thing you have said F.Monger. It's an issue because it is corruption. Do us all a favor and advocate to your overseer that they do that. Then Cheney can go back to work for them and rake in the billions that Haliburton is now making of his policies. I mean $31 million a year isn't enough right (while in office)?

Yup I'm rabid over this issue because it is a conflict of interest and it is corruption. :thumbup:

·
Registered
828 Posts
Cheney does have that Haliburton stink on him, but so do I;
the president of my company was invited to sit in the Haliburton box
at the Super Bowl yesterday. :thumbup:

If Kerry's numbers continue to climb, Bush will need to run with Rudy and move Cheney to a "senior advisor" position. The GOP would like to "annoint" their 2008 candidate with the 2004 VP spot, and it's not D.C.

Rudy vs. Hillary in 2008 ??? Maybe it will be like the Mets/Yanks World Series; nobody south of Jersey or west of Buffalo will care

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Then Cheney can go back to work for them and rake in the billions that Haliburton is now making of his policies
HAHA what world are you living in? The subsidiaries of Halliburton that are getting the majority of the contracts (KBR - known as Kellog, Brown, and Root) are a huge beast of a construction and engineering firm with huge overhead costs that doesn't make any money for the Halliburton company considering how much revenue it brings in. If Halliburton is making any money it usually comes from its energy side which consists of oil field services with very limited government contracts. Halliburton Energy Services (the original and parent company to KBR) is the expert in the oil field services field and is getting a bad rap from their accuisition of KBR with its government ties and huge asbestos liabilities. :crazy:

The funny thing about the hole media exposure of Halliburton and Cheney is that Brown and Root got the majority of these types of contracts pre-Bush/Cheney and it was a major builder in post war Viet Nam...long before Cheney became CEO in 94 and KBR was bought by Halliburton. The media doesn't always report the whole truth...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts