Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've scoured the interwebs in an effort to answer this question but have been unable to find a definitive answer. Ive noticed there are a lot of aftermarket downpipes for 1.8t Jetta's and GTI's, but not many specifically for the Passat. I know the IC placement and IC piping is routed differently from different models, and there are differences in other components/parts, but what about the exhaust? Any help here?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont really have the means to build one for starters (though I wish I did!!!). Ive been leaning towards a 2.5" DP to exhaust cut-out and then stock from there on out, so 2.5 seems like the most logical plan so far, but i could be wrong. I want to keep the cat and keep the quiet stock system in place if possible, just in case they ever do emissions in my county (they dont right now) or I move.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good point. Didnt think about that. I should probably put the car on stands and roll around under it for a bit like i usually do with new cars (new to me at least).

·
Wants to be TheFlipperGray
7,304 Posts
^ Right on the money. I think any DP from a longitudinally mounted 1.8T (Passat, A4 - assuming the same transmission type) would fit, but not transversely mounted Jetta/GTI 1.8T's.

·
I break for old people
7,516 Posts
^ Right on the money. I think any DP from a longitudinally mounted 1.8T (Passat, A4 - assuming the same transmission type) would fit, but not transversely mounted Jetta/GTI 1.8T's.
Yeah I had the same idea awhile ago. I thought I'd save some money by buying a jetta dp, but then found out it doesn't work that way lol.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Ive been leaning towards a 2.5" DP to exhaust cut-out and then stock from there on out, so 2.5 seems like the most logical plan so far, but i could be wrong. I want to keep the cat and keep the quiet stock system in place if possible, just in case they ever do emissions in my county (they dont right now) or I move.
An exhaust cut out would be way too LOUD.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts