·
Registered
1,648 Posts
More importantly, the SIGNATURE please

me :poke: mods :)

·
Registered
12,116 Posts
No, we wouldn't all like that. It's a good idea in theory but a quick perusal of sites that have that feature enabled should clear up why it fails in practice. Especially with the recent influx of college-boy members :p

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O comon.... It would give you a little "insight" ... :lol:

signature / avatars whatever you want to call it... :wink:

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
simple text signatures with links would be great. I have no need to see avatars or images in signatures. Just adds clutter. The signature line could even be in a small subtle font, but atleast provide a place for details about one's car.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
if we get avatars, I'm posting a pic of myself. Trust me on this, MyNetBuddy is the least of your worries. :p :lol:

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
MyNetBuddy...hahahaha. A definite classic.

·
Registered
204 Posts
when i was a member of probetalk they had signiture langth limited and the picture next to the user names was limiter to pictuers of cars

Dee

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I hate it when browsing another forum and you get a very short reply and then a big fat signature.... see my post below.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Me too.

--------------
'00 Passat, APR, H&R OE, etc... (PICS) (sold)
'04 VanHoul, low floor, crazy drivers
'05 New Balance 825, Tinted Rears (for sale)
Bling
-=George W. is my Hero. But thats because my heros are always bitches.=-

**haLF iZ dA sTuFf*

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok ok maybe not the signature thing... just a postage stamp under your name... you know what I mean...

upshot

·
Registered
411 Posts
I prefer text only signatures, images in signatures tend to get out of hand. I'm on a few forums where people put so much crap in their signature it takes forver to load and half of the images are far from automotive... and more along the lines of not-work-safe (or close to it). I usually block the signature images in user options on other forums, but it also blocks text as well. I say no to avatars, unless the admins make everyone select from a pool of avatars and not allow customizeable avatars.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
HalfGreek said:
I hate it when browsing another forum and you get a very short reply and then a big fat signature.... see my post below.
When I first went over to the bimmerforums.com I was amazed at all the crap they had. Tasteless pictures and their sigs, where pictures of thier cars....sometimes 3 in one sig. It was so messy that I can't stand to go there, but at times I need the info.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
21 Participants
Sharky
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing