Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Quick question. I have a set of factory S4 (b6) Avus wheels, 18x8 with a 43 offset. When they are mounted they will sit too far inside the rear wheelwell. So I'm thinking about spaces for the rear.

I was thinking of a 20mm spacer in the rear but I'm worried that it might be too much of a "poke". I'm looking for a nice flush look in the rear. Tire size is a 235/40/18.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Jason

·
Registered
712 Posts
Just put your wheel on it, and measure from the tire to the fender. That should be the size of your spacer. I've never done it, but I sounds logical to me. Let me know if it works, I might need the advice back (I'm buying wheels too, and that's one thing I've been worrying about, to keep the flush look front and back.)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Is your variant a B5 or a B5.5? I just put on (my B5) 18x8 et38 and it sticks out as much as I could want. On a B5 the max you should consider is a 10mm spacer because that will give you a 33 offset which will be flush in the rear and a bit too sticky-outy in the front. a 20mm spacer give a 23mm offset that's too much in front and in back..rubrubrubrub :)

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the help and info!

I went with a 15mm spacer for the rear, I'm sure it'll be just fine. I'llpost pics as soon as they are on. :thumbup:

Jason

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm running 5mm in front and 10 in back. My tires are just barely outside of car, just before you start seeing tread. You could probably get away with 15mm but 20 would probably have water spaying up the sides of your car in the rain. Also i don't know if your car is lowered or not i'm running eibach pros with 235 40 barely made it in back without having to roll my fenders. Hope this helps.. good luck 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
mccccoleman
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing