Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'Morning Everyone,

I just got done swapping the trans in my 2000 1.8t tip. The replacement trans is out of a 2002. I actually pulled the whole engine/trans out as a unit to make it easier to get to everything, and fix a couple other issues that were much easier to get at with the engine on the ground.

anyway, I have the engine/trans all back in the car now and I just discovered that the old 00 trans had a round 8-pin connector going to the valve body whereas the 02 trans has a rectangular 9-pin.

Just wanted to find out who'd maybe run into this same situation before and if there was anything else I needed to be thinking of before I pulled the pans and tried swapping them?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Greg

· Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just wanted to follow up on this for the benefit of anyone else swapping trannies who comes across this thread.

It turned out that I had mistakenly identified the valve body plug as the one that was different, but after crawling under there again this weekend to finish the job it turned out to be the plug to the gear selector switch on the side of the transmission. A 5-minute swap from old to new and I was in business again.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Tom!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.