Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Jetta "Bionline" rims fit my 03 Passat? They are both 5x112 but I think the Jetta rim has a higher offset. And I am concerned it is only a 6.5J vs a 7J. I would rather not bother with spacers. Thanks.

·
The "Odd" one
6,066 Posts
I thinkk its more of the offset that you will have to worry about. The 06 wheels if I remember are running like a 52 or 53 offset. The 03 B5.5 is a 37 offset. This will make the rim sit farther in by 15mm or so. Spacers should be needed

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. So if I put 12mm or 15mm spacers in, will I also need longer bolts or is it just like placing a washer in between the new wheel and the existing hub? Sorry for the basic question. I don't know much about spacers.

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
are'nt the Monte carlos OE jetta wheels..?
Yes OE they are a 5x100 wheel found on Jettas and GTIs...who cares though, its a clean looking OEM+ style wheel. The M3 CSL wheels are 5x120 and there are a lot of people running CSL Style here in 5x112, do you have a problem with them too? What about BMW people running RS4 replicas? There is a girl around me with B7 RS4 wheels on her E46 and it looks CLEAN. I dont know why you have such a problem with Jetta/GTI wheels on a Passat...

·
Registered
409 Posts
I think those rims look VERY nice on a Passat. I shoulda bought em from 1fish2fish.

So, if you get the reps from Lakeshore they come in 5X112? Sorry, I don't know a whole lot of your acronyms above.

Thanks

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
I think those rims look VERY nice on a Passat. I shoulda bought em from 1fish2fish.

So, if you get the reps from Lakeshore they come in 5X112? Sorry, I don't know a whole lot of your acronyms above.

Thanks
Yes as the only TRUE Monte Carlos are going to be 5x100 so the only way to get them to fit a Passat is to buy Replicas. Lakeshore is a very reputable place too :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts