Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inside the car. Personally does not bother me - but she claims it makes more noise inside the car than out. She actually likes the sound outside, but says that inside the cabin just numbs her fillings.

Had the resonator replaced with a straight pipe last Thursday.

Would adding a glasspack, or similar product reduce the noise inside the cabin ??

Any feedback would be appreciated

Bill

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Would adding a glasspack, or similar product reduce the noise inside the cabin ??
I have a cherry bomb glasspack on my techtonics/remus exhaust system and there is hardly any noise in the cabin. sometimes it drones when I am downshifting at high rpms.

When I got my exhaust on, there was tons of cabin noise and vibration. Reason was one of the pipes was touching the heatshield under the car, causing all kinds of unwanted things.

Make sure your pipes are clear from touching anything! Are there any vibrations or just loudness?

·
Registered
773 Posts
yea i think you made a mistake of putting a straight pipe in there. I would def reccomend putting a glasspack or a resonator in there. I just cut out the stock resonator and put a 14" resonator in its place. The sound is amazing. Deep and smooth. Not loud on idle and not too loud overall. Cant really hear it inside that much. It doesnt drone and doesnt fart either. Im very impressed. So i def recommend you do that.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry 1fish, not sure on your response.

Are the thumbs up for adding a glasspack / resonator, or that you think the pipes are touching ??

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Sorry 1fish, not sure on your response.

Are the thumbs up for adding a glasspack / resonator, or that you think the pipes are touching ??
Add a glasspack, or a highflow resonator. Though its a little more expensive, its prob worth it.

Sorry that it wasnt clear. Looking back at it, it made no sense haha.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
When I got my exhaust on, there was tons of cabin noise and vibration. Reason was one of the pipes was touching the heatshield under the car, causing all kinds of unwanted things.

Make sure your pipes are clear from touching anything! Are there any vibrations or just loudness?
x2... i had same exact issue and it put shivers down my back everytime i drove. even though its just piping rubbing against heatshielding, it sounds 10x worse, like plastic rubbing/dragging against the ground... and sometimes you'd hear vibrations. get that checked out just in case.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bill, I did the same Mod about 8 months ago, I love it and my wife positively comments every time she is in the car. I have to tell you that in that time I believe that it has gotten a bit louder as time has passed. Sorry about your situation - I think that a glasspack would make it more wife compatible. Good Luck. PJP

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
i think i need to get rid of my cat and goto a testpipe, because i have 2.5 inch from the flex pipe all the way to the rear 2.5 straight thru nuespeed muffler and mine is quiet till you get the normal driving growl but i mean you cant hear or feel it at idle

·
What time is Matlock on?
17,312 Posts
Add the glasspack. You'll be pleasanlty surprised at how it pleases BOTH parties involved ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts