Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put wider tires such as 215's on the stock 15 inch alloys on a 2001.5 passat? I'm thinking of putting wider tires and lowering the car. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yep....I don't think the new stock wheels have changed dimensionally from my adelaides and I am currently running 215/60-15. Would not go back to 195's if they were free. Stock wheels should measure 15x7.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
You can put 245s in if you wish. :wink:

·
Registered
93 Posts
how about 24/40/18 on 18 inch wheels

with the neuspeed sport spring drop
would that work guys

have a guy who is selling me 4 new michelin tires for $150

but i dont know if the size would fit

resko

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Wrong thread dude, we're talkin' bout 15" tires/wheels here. :p

And to answer you question, it depends on your alignment and wheel offset.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Veedubz,

Did you go straight from the 195's to the 215's? how do they look (are you lowered?)? I too need new tires for my stock 15" adelaides. I'm thinking of going with at least the 205's but do not know what the 215's get you. Any input would be appreciated. Oh yea, what tires do you have?

thanks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hear you go. This should help you out. Some people go for the 205/60-15 but this can show you that there is a greater difference in rolling diameter than the 215/60-15. Plus the extra width is always a bonus. I am currently running on Bridgestone Potenza RE950's. They have been a wonderful tire. Over 20k on them and still over half the tread left (I drive hard). Still fearless in the rain too. Watch out though.....down right scary in the snow. Thinking of going with the B.F. Goodrich Traction T/A in the same size when these are gone. Anyone have experience with that tire? Looks good. Cheap, 60k warranty, 460 AA A, nice looking tread design and plain sidewalls. Hope this helps.

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts