Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i keep getting questions why I chose that name..originally....

it was b/c i had purchased the b5 for the gf and then took it over after i sold my BABY..

1995 GTI vr6 black on black leather....i got rid of it last year in FEB. I miss this damn car!

some pics.

note: can you tell i am bored?

:)
sorry it isnt a passat..but at least it's a VW (in da haus)

·
The "Odd" one
6,066 Posts
I feel ya man....I had the same car twice (95 Golf Sport and 96 VR6 both black) Drove those into the ground. Sold the 95 with 62K and bought the 96. Sold that one 160K on the clock and a chipped reverse gear (Only issue I really ever had). The dealership gave me a POS MK4 Jetta that ended up in the shop 7 times in the first year. I miss my MK3....best car I ever had

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I feel ya man....I had the same car twice (95 Golf Sport and 96 VR6 both black) Drove those into the ground. Sold the 95 with 62K and bought the 96. Sold that one 160K on the clock and a chipped reverse gear (Only issue I really ever had). The dealership gave me a POS MK4 Jetta that ended up in the shop 7 times in the first year. I miss my MK3....best car I ever had
x2..

i had a gls 96..white five speed DOG..it was like "turn the AC off cause we going on the freeway and merging"..no power..the mk3 was manual..cams, intake, exhaust, chip..and i could keep up with tons of cars out there...

best SOUNDING car I ever had..but i like my passat.

I would love to own a mk3 again vr of some kind...i see one in my not too distant future...if i can convince the gf that we need 3 cars!

·
The "Odd" one
6,066 Posts
best SOUNDING car I ever had
Absolutely...Mine had the Neuspeed P-Flow and Throttle Body, Removed Suitcase Resevior (SP?) 268 CAM, Autothority Chip, etc etc...I bought that thing on a Saturday night and went straight to the normal Saturday Night Street Races in Northern Va. Everyone wanted to race me, but they had to wait (2K mile break in)

I have a pic at home...it was after she had seen her better days.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Was your current Passat for her, or your first one? (any pics of that one, even if it was short lived?)

The R32 will be awesome if you get it.

Man I saw an incredibly rare Jetta today. It was a bone stock MKIV Jetta with a VTEC emblem on the trunk lid. :crazy:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
i had a 97 jetta GLX with the VR6.... loved that car. sold it to a buddy at 150k for $2500, car still runs perfect for him. hes at 170k and hasnt had a problem since i sold it to him....only brake pads and the normal wear and tear stuff.

MK3 was a great generation of cars for VW

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i had a 97 jetta GLX with the VR6.... loved that car. sold it to a buddy at 150k for $2500, car still runs perfect for him. hes at 170k and hasnt had a problem since i sold it to him....only brake pads and the normal wear and tear stuff.

MK3 was a great generation of cars for VW
yup yup
my buddies mk3 has a stage 2 c2 motorsports charger ..installed it at 197k...the car has 224k.....he is on his second clutch....and did the chains at 120k and never again...just regular oil changes...car runs like a beast..

and still tickin...

·
The "Odd" one
6,066 Posts
Almost embarrased to post this one...but like I said when I traded her in she had seen her better days. This thread brought back great memories of my favorite ride...Again she got beat up....but kept going

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
sweet man!..are those stock 15's powdercoated?

i think the mk3 gti design is pretty timeless....so sleek.

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah they were the GLX Jetta wheels Powercoated...and dirty. Have you lost your side molding yet?
never lost it....ha...i stopped it before it happened...notorious on most mk3's..
i dont know if the owner now has lost it..

remember i havent owned this car since april 05:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts