Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any good shops along the I-94 corridor (northern IL, southern WI) for suspension? I can't get a response out of my usual tuner shop, the recommended indy garage wants $400+ and even Sears won't touch it. (They carry the same brand, but if I don't buy from them, they want nothing to do with it.)

Maybe I should check Kenosha and get out of Illinois.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Been trying to schedule @ DW for over a week ...nothing. (Not to say they can't fit me in, I simply can't get a return phone call!)

Wonder what Liberty VW would charge ...

·
Registered
396 Posts
I will do it for $394 but you will have to drive your car down to Atlanta. It's half way down to Foley's district :p

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I'll do it for free...please note that I have never done it before and have no garage...but man the price is right. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Seth - try Duxler Firestone in Libertyville (847-367-6710). They did my alignment after the Dubwerks suspension instal (Rich sent me there) and they seem to know a thing or two about lowered suspension.

FWIW, Rich/Katie are great folks to deal with when you get hold of them but they have not been good with returning calls ...

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, I know that Rich and Katie are good people. I'd take all of my business there if (1) it were just a bit more convenient and (2) I could get a return call once in a while. I'm happy for them if they're so busy that they can actually ignore business, but I still want to get this work done.

I'll look up Duxler and see what's what. Thanks for the tip.

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wowie wow wow.

Just got a note back from my local (that is, the nearest to my house) VW dealer. The Chilton manual quotes 6.2 hours and $750 for the installation. Eek-and-a-half.

I hope Firestone gets back to me.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Wowie wow wow.

Just got a note back from my local (that is, the nearest to my house) VW dealer. The Chilton manual quotes 6.2 hours and $750 for the installation. Eek-and-a-half.

I hope Firestone gets back to me.
If that's who I think it is (on Grand Ave across from the mall) forget it ... If they need to refer to a Chilton, they don't know what they are doing.

Say, if I'm in the 'hood, I'll stop by @ DW and ask them if they are interested in doing your install. $400+ just plain hurts!

·
Punches Dubs. True Story
9,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If that's who I think it is (on Grand Ave across from the mall) forget it ... If they need to refer to a Chilton, they don't know what they are doing.
Good guess, buddy. ;)

I got a hold of Rich yesterday. Saturday, Nov 18th, is the day. Yeah, it's kind of far out, but it was the first Saturday that he had available, so I took it. (With the baby and all, I need to schedule this stuff around my weekends.)

Buh-bye, wheel gap. See you in hell!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts