Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
But come on.. he has integrity! Doesn't integrity cancel out lies, coersion and deception anymore?! He has INTEGRITY DAMNIT!!! :p

"If I was going to run for President the first lie I would tell is that I don't tell any lies" - ME

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
pick and choose as you like, you'll find lies from both parties. they're politicians...they're all liars.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Medrosje said:
pick and choose as you like, you'll find lies from both parties. they're politicians...they're all liars.
how can you tell if a politician is lying?

his lips are moving.

·
Banned
15,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Medrosje said:
I agree. Nowhere did I say one party is better than another in regards to telling lies. The jackass referenced above was caught and I thought it was funny...thats all.

·
Registered
696 Posts
For one thing, a mistake is not a lie. Do you really think the Bush administration KNEW IN ADVANCE OF THE WAR that Iraq didn't have WMD? and just "lied" about it? think about it... you dont think they thought about what would happen when no banned weapons were found? hmm.. It might be funny to watch a planned tag-team ambush scenario unfold on the liberal news channel, but come on!!

oh saddam how they miss you :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

·
Registered
902 Posts
No, but I'm sure they knew that Iraq was not an eminent threat. The pres. wanted to go to Iraq from the beginning and he did. If he had to fib a little to do it...then so be it..

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
The GREEK said:
Medrosje said:
I agree. Nowhere did I say one party is better than another in regards to telling lies. The jackass referenced above was caught and I thought it was funny...thats all.
I'll stand up and say that this administration is a Pack of Liars!
I mean seriously, all the talking heads and newspapers are pointing to this administration as the most deceptive since "Tricky Dick" Nixon.
Even Bush Sr's people like James Baker and Brent Scrowcroft are flabbergasted at how we've managed to lose all the goodwill the US had post 9-11.

Let's see....
1 - Lying about WMD as a justification to go to war (but of course the ends justify the means apparently)
2 - Rumsfeld caught flat-footed in the latest Big Fat Lie about never calling Iraq an "immediate threat"
3 - Lying about the cost of the Medicare bill -- even independent Republicans are angry
4 - Lying about and smearing independent Republican Senators, i.e. John McCain, Charles Grassly, Chuck Hagel
5 - Lying about creating "millions of new jobs" in the next year
6 - Lying by calling a bill "Healthy Forests initiative" that's actually a give-away to wood/paper industry
7 - Lying about no scientific evidence of Global Warming
8 - Cheney lying about why so many foreign leaders would prefer Kerry as President -- it's because the rest of the world despises Bush
9 - Cheney lying about how the Iraq war has enriched him and the company he was CEO of Halliburton
10 - Republican campaign ads *already* lying and misleading about Kerry's military and voting records
11 - Lying about leaking the identity of a CIA operative who had uncovered evidence showing Iraq had no credible nuclear program -- in order to intimidate anyone else who dare go against this f'ed up administration

These are serious lies, deceptions, and deliberate misrepresentations that to the heart of our democracy and continue to divide our great country.
I put my ass on the line in Desert Storm, and I'm all for tax cuts and less government, but these people are diabolical!

·
Registered
232 Posts
bush and his buddies

Bush has lied about virtually everything since before getting into the white house. The FBI had intelligence on Middle Eastererns taking jumbo jet flight training and that was apparently not important enough to send up the line. I now personally believe that a terrorist act pre 9/11 was not only anticpated by encouraged. They simpy didn't know it would be the twin towers. Although there was no intelligence on wmd, they lied and said there was. Since we didn't go to Iraq for oil or wmd, it's obvious now that they went there for the most base of reasons, just another business opportunity. Before the war , it was never mentioned that the American tax payer would be stuck paying a 150 billion dollars to rebuild Iraq. Could that amount of money be considered sufficient incentive for big business to want to set up shop there? How shameful when thousand of firefighters, police and teachers are now being told to find employment elsewhere. I believe that this will ultimately be exposed as the most corrupt, evil period in American History. I believe that Bush and his buddies(especially the ones who drew up post war Iraq division of assets before he was elected and discussed during the first cabinet meeting in January 2000) should be tried for war crimes, lying about reasons to go to war to Congress. I have never been this outraged by any political act, ever, and I'm 58 and oh so young at heart.

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
F. Monger said:
For one thing, a mistake is not a lie. Do you really think the Bush administration KNEW IN ADVANCE OF THE WAR that Iraq didn't have WMD? and just "lied" about it? think about it... you dont think they thought about what would happen when no banned weapons were found? hmm.. It might be funny to watch a planned tag-team ambush scenario unfold on the liberal news channel, but come on!!

What do you mean? Bush/Rumsfeld told the media and the American people that saddam was an immediate threat in order to drum up support for the war. when it was found that Saddam wasn't an immediate threat Bush/Rumsfeld tried to deny (lie) they ever made thos ecoments. If they made a mistake and truly thought saddam was an immediate threat, fine, come out and say "hey, we messed up, we went into a war with a country based on incorrect data" but they haven't done that cause they knew from the get go that it was all lies. See how that works?
There are reasons people lie, it's to cover up devious acts.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
F. Monger said:

F. Monger you are a jerk. Why do you always say that anyone who questions your golden boy harbors love for Saddam Hussein? It's absolutist extremist bunko flamebait trash and you know it.

It's a good tactic however... you force people away from the issues into defending themselves on semantics. Talk the issues instead of childish distraction tactics and playground name calling...

You love KIlling and blowing up children! I'm sure you love destroying families and devastating already fractured infrastructure. Why don't you invite your hero the 'smart bomb' over for dinner and share some of your love of death and destruction with your family since you love it so much!?
:p

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Der Meister said:
Let's see....
1 - Lying about WMD as a justification to go to war (but of course the ends justify the means apparently)
2 - Rumsfeld caught flat-footed in the latest Big Fat Lie about never calling Iraq an "immediate threat"
3 - Lying about the cost of the Medicare bill -- even independent Republicans are angry
4 - Lying about and smearing independent Republican Senators, i.e. John McCain, Charles Grassly, Chuck Hagel
5 - Lying about creating "millions of new jobs" in the next year
6 - Lying by calling a bill "Healthy Forests initiative" that's actually a give-away to wood/paper industry
7 - Lying about no scientific evidence of Global Warming
8 - Cheney lying about why so many foreign leaders would prefer Kerry as President -- it's because the rest of the world despises Bush
9 - Cheney lying about how the Iraq war has enriched him and the company he was CEO of Halliburton
10 - Republican campaign ads *already* lying and misleading about Kerry's military and voting records
11 - Lying about leaking the identity of a CIA operative who had uncovered evidence showing Iraq had no credible nuclear program -- in order to intimidate anyone else who dare go against this f'ed up administration
Let's see...
1. Wrong. He lied? Hardly. I'd love to see your proof. Why is it that even the Clinton administration believed there were WMD there? How about an overwhelming majority of Congress, including bipartisan support from members of intelligence committees, etc... The very simple fact is that there WERE WMD. We gave them to Iraq and they could not account for them, as required. Did Saddam destroy them? Sell them? Who knows. Could our intelligence have been better? Perhaps. But lie? Like I said, unless you have proof, that is absoultely absurd and, quite frankly, is a very ignorant statement.

2. Blown a bit out of proportion. Clever ad though...wouldn't you like to have heard the rest of his explanation before being cut off?

3. True conservatives would never have voted for this thing anyway...that's why true Republicans are really angry. Is this the first government program to cost more than stated? Shock!

4. Care to expand?

5. This is a lie? Like number 3 a politicians plan hasn't lived up to expectations so this is now a lie? That's some pretty messed up logic your using. The more important question however is whether the economy has improved over the last two years. Without question it has improved significantly...by virtually any measure.

6. Don't know...or care. But if it's like any of the other items on your list, I am extremely suspect. Your definition of "lie" seems to be a rather interesting one.

7. Repeat the last sentence of #6. Personally, there is still a lot of debate of Global Warming and the fact is that no one knows for certain. There is compelling evidence on both sides.

8. Now I don't even know what your talking about. But, if you want to talk an actual lie, look at Kerry's statements on the subject....then compare his travel and visit records. Who did Kerry talk to?

9. This has passed GAO so what is your problem? The matter was one of billing nothing more. Once again, an attempted stretch based on ignorance.

10. Shock! I suppose all the Democratic ads are 100% true? That said, Kerry's statements and voting record speak for themselves...not good at all!

11. Once again, if you have proof that the President directly was involved I'm sure the press would love to hear from you.

Your "list" is extremely weak...and rather demented.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
This is the typical liberal arguement, once again, and it annoys me to keep seeing it and hearing the bs from you guys, its ignorant. And John Kerry has flip flopped on so many issues just to try to oppose the President, he makes himself look ridiculous. This countries military and power in the world suffered for the 8 years before Bush, and we had to pay for that on 9/11.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
i think we should ban liberals/democrats from the boards!

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
J-RAD said:
Let's see...
1. Wrong. He lied? Hardly. I'd love to see your proof. Why is it that even the Clinton administration believed there were WMD there? How about an overwhelming majority of Congress, including bipartisan support from members of intelligence committees, etc... The very simple fact is that there WERE WMD. We gave them to Iraq and they could not account for them, as required. Did Saddam destroy them? Sell them? Who knows. Could our intelligence have been better? Perhaps. But lie? Like I said, unless you have proof, that is absoultely absurd and, quite frankly, is a very ignorant statement.
Proof he lied? How bout proof of WMD before you go into a war?

http://www.ceip.org/files/pdf/Iraq3Chap3.pdf
http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/iraq/2004-03-02-un-wmd_x.htm

J-RAD said:
2. Blown a bit out of proportion. Clever ad though...wouldn't you like to have heard the rest of his explanation before being cut off?
What does he need to explain? "You said Iraq was an immediate and imminent threat"
"No, I never said that, and if you have any proof, I'd like to hear it"
"oh..proof huh..wellllll...."
then the proof that those exact words came out of his mouth. That's called LYING. There's no way to explain your way out of it.

And stop bringing Clinton and Kerry in to this. this is about Bush and his advisors/supporters lying to/deceiving the american people and the world abroad. Did Clinton think Saddam had WMD..perhaps, but he didn't go into war with him. Did Clinton lie about getting a blow job...yes, but that lie didn't kill thousands of US soldiers.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts