Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
1st Gear
Joined
·
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was on the train....the there was a spanish kid....walking thru the isle.....on the train full of people.....he was little older then me.....he was rhymin.....but the words he said....like N$#%a....F$#@.....etc etc....really pissed me off, cause it was loud. The whole car could hear it. It seemed like he was just tring to impress/showoff to this girl that was on the train.....and I dont think she was too impressed either, but there was same older folks and the train was just full of people, you should see haces on the black folks...thankfully there was no kids.....he was lucky I didnt have my kids...cause he wouldve gotten a beaten...really pissed me off!!!

If you are a parent...you know how hard we work...everyday....not to slip out with a swear...cause kids pick it up quick.... ALL IT TAKES IS 1 TIME!!!!....and then asshole like this comes along. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Now dont get me wrong Im only 26 and I love rap...80s-90s rap...no new garbage....and mostly for the beats.....I cant agree with most of the stuff rappers say...very very few, not even a handful.....KRS ONE for example........but you gotta have respect for other people....and especially their children.

I wanted to beat his ass sooooooooooooo bad. And that probably wouldve been a stupid thing to do....since the kid looked like a "thug" :roll: and probably had a gun....but at that point I really didnt care. :crazy:

When the fuck are these kids gonna learn and respect other people....heck I seen it everyday in HighSchool and I see it even more now....kids dont even respect the teachers...which blows my mind where I come from. We use to get a beaten from teachers.....and the hardest kid in school would respect them.

Im sure it all starts at home....and school....but I think military would really help little fucking punks like this!!!!!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Yes i feel what your saying, but things have changed. The teachers used to give you beatings, now they might beat you to death, world is going to hell in a handbasket. Send this kid to the army train him in hand to hand and explosives throw in a little marksmanship, now you have a trained killer. Then he gets fed up dishonorably discharged, and he even more of a danger to the public.

the millitary is no place for conscripts, you have to be willing to fight for the defence of your country and most cases that requires a love for yourself and your country, and i doubt most that are forced to serve would have these feelings!

leave the rapper to the streets, trust me the streets will sort him out!
 

·
1st Gear
Joined
·
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
20vvillian said:
Yes i feel what your saying, but things have changed. The teachers used to give you beatings, now they might beat you to death, world is going to hell in a handbasket. Send this kid to the army train him in hand to hand and explosives throw in a little marksmanship, now you have a trained killer. Then he gets fed up dishonorably discharged, and he even more of a danger to the public.

the millitary is no place for conscripts, you have to be willing to fight for the defence of your country and most cases that requires a love for yourself and your country, and i doubt most that are forced to serve would have these feelings!

leave the rapper to the streets, trust me the streets will sort him out!
True, but military does teach you discipline....and respect.

Well I never heard of a teacher beating someone to death.

I think the laws that prevent us from disciplining our kids....have something to do with all this also. Cause some parents acctually follow them... :suspicio: :crazy:

As long as its not abuse.....kids need it!!! I know I needed it when I was young....and I think my father and mother...and teachers did it for my own good.

But here....can you say lawsuit :roll: :roll: :roll: :evil: :mad:

Now we have what we have... :(

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,541 Posts
A lot of the people you a re referring to either idolize others with shitty home lives or had shitty home lives themselves. It is fashionable to be a tasteless tactless agressive malcontent. It's effed up but true. :crazy:
 

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
Joined
·
8,552 Posts
I hear what you are saying about children now a days and respect. But, our society has brought this upon ourselves. With the no responsibility, no penalty ideals for our children, we have created a monster. Many children don't have to show respect because there is no penalty for not giving it. In the old days, you would be smacked physically or verbally by your teacher or parent for disrespect. Now a days, they would be brought up on physical or emotional abuse. I have taught high school, and it is an eye opener on how much the views on authority and repercussions for lack of respect has changed just in the 7 years since I was there.

I use to be a punk when I was in high school, but I was never as bad as the average kid I see out there. When I go back to Huntington Beach to surf, I am amazed at the language and disrespect of kids. I don't think I could curse as often as some of these kids do if I tried. And they are literally screaming this language. "Look at that [email protected]#!es t!ts. I want to f#@$ the s#[email protected] out of her, yo [email protected]#ing agree. And I am with my kids. Lucky, this was when my child didn't speak, but now, I would be kicking some ass. Plus, the authorities don't do anything about it when you bring it to their attention.

As a solution, it comes down to two things. Parents and environment. The two things are at a constant battle. Sometimes they join forces in creating a menace to society. Parents are there to reinforce the good values while the environment strips them away. Many parents give up because they don't have time, the energy, the will, or the want(remain friends with kids :roll: ) to stop the bad influences. It is sad than many parents just give up thinking nothing can be done. Either by fear or by lack of commitment, they decide to let their children be. This is why bringing a child in to this world is the most important decision. It is a 18 year war. Many parents aren't ready. Many parents feel their children get in their way of their needs and wants. Those parents are the ones that normally breed these kids. I don't know what the solution is. It is hard to come back from where we fell from. I know I learned respect by the hand of my father and my athletics. One induced fear, the other induced a positive self-esteem.
 

·
1st Gear
Joined
·
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:(

I agree.....

Many parants dont realize that their life is over when the kid is born. Its not what they want....or what they need....or their likes or dislikes...

Its not about yourself anymore...its about your kids. And I seen this at 20 :shock:

And the reasoning?

Most if not all people only care about themselfs....not even their loved ones or children.

I put my kids and loved ones in front of my life....but thats just me. They are more improtant then myself.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Come on lifes not over when you have kids, There is a balance between the two i discipline my son verbally, i have had to spank him 3 times in his life he is 10.

He is disciplined and respectful of other adults, he does not curse or fight...but he knows when to defend himself. I grew up in ruff area, where most kids his age would probably only see their dads in the street. You just have to be dedicated to the fact that your child will be better, and then implant this ideal in them.

I do agree with you, i put my family before all else. Without them nothing else matters.
 

·
1st Gear
Joined
·
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
20vvillian said:
Come on lifes not over when you have kids, There is a balance between the two i discipline my son verbally, i have had to spank him 3 times in his life he is 10.

He is disciplined and respectful of other adults, he does not curse or fight...but he knows when to defend himself. I grew up in ruff area, where most kids his age would probably only see their dads in the street. You just have to be dedicated to the fact that your child will be better, and then implant this ideal in them.

I do agree with you, i put my family before all else. Without them nothing else matters.
I know what you mean....its not over...and there is balance...but the scale tips alot more towards them...then you. Know what I mean....

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
 
2

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Yes i know they demand attention because there are so many evil influences and they dont take a break so you have to be vigilant.
 

·
Reverend Arthur Dimmwit
Joined
·
3,988 Posts
I think that two-years required service in some branch of the military for every able-bodied human is a good idea. And before college; right out of high school. And if you drop out of high school, you're in. I think it would solve more problems than it would create.

p.s. I'm not kidding.
 

·
1st Gear
Joined
·
17,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
poohbear said:
I think that two-years required service in some branch of the military for every able-bodied human is a good idea. And before college; right out of high school. And if you drop out of high school, you're in. I think it would solve more problems than it would create.

p.s. I'm not kidding.
I feel the same way!!!

You drop out...you stay longer!!! You dont go to college....+2 years.

Thats how it was in Poland during communism....Military was manditory!

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,172 Posts
Yeh, it's good for discipline but look further...I've always thought that two years should be mandatory in order to keep citizenship, like Taiwan!

Serving in the military increases your pride of this country significantly! Makes you realize how great this country is, and what it stands for. You don't just hear about it on the news, you're actually involved in it, and more "in-the-know".

I know that my service in the military---(I was a nerdy navy nuke until a knee injury and surgeries prevented me from ever being allowed on a submarine again)---made me view the world in a whole different light, and the country and people in a whole different light as well.
Most importantly, it also balanced out a lot of my super-liberal views that I inherited from today's society while in HS and my first semester of college. This is also the main reason why I get so pissed ( :mad: )when people bad mouth wars...it really makes a lot of the guys serving feel bad, so you should just shut up at all costs! You're not going to overturn a president's decision to go to war with your bitching anyway...it didn't even happen in Vietnam when my dad did three separate tours there. :shock: :weirdo:

Anyway, hopefully that little bastard will end up going into the military...he'll get straightened out in there. 8)

-Harry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
SDPassatT said:
Yeh, it's good for discipline but look further...I've always thought that two years should be mandatory in order to keep citizenship, like Taiwan!

Serving in the military increases your pride of this country significantly! Makes you realize how great this country is, and what it stands for. You don't just hear about it on the news, you're actually involved in it, and more "in-the-know".

I know that my service in the military---(I was a nerdy navy nuke until a knee injury and surgeries prevented me from ever being allowed on a submarine again)---made me view the world in a whole different light, and the country and people in a whole different light as well.
Most importantly, it also balanced out a lot of my super-liberal views that I inherited from today's society while in HS and my first semester of college. This is also the main reason why I get so pissed ( :mad: )when people bad mouth wars...it really makes a lot of the guys serving feel bad, so you should just shut up at all costs! You're not going to overturn a president's decision to go to war with your bitching anyway...it didn't even happen in Vietnam when my dad did three separate tours there. :shock: :weirdo:

Anyway, hopefully that little bastard will end up going into the military...he'll get straightened out in there. 8)

-Harry

You must've got a little too much radiation exposure when you were in the sub :weirdo:

Opposing war does not equal opposing soldiers! :poke:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,337 Posts
Yeh, it's good for discipline but look further...I've always thought that two years should be mandatory in order to keep citizenship, like Taiwan!
No need, even if you gave up your taiwanese citizenship at age 3, become a US citizen at 10, you're still required to serve for them. :suspicio: Ask me why I got a phone call in my college dorm one day...

Harry, opposing an administration's decision is not the same as vilifying the soldiers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,396 Posts
Tyrannosaurus said:
Opposing war does not equal opposing soldiers! :poke:
Not necessarily, but some people feel that the soldiers are "part of the problem", and some soldiers will be sensitive about people badmouthing what it is they're doing.

Consider your job, and if people thought that your industry was evil -- how would that make you feel, as a member of the workforce in that industry?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,378 Posts
idale said:
Tyrannosaurus said:
Opposing war does not equal opposing soldiers! :poke:
Not necessarily, but some people feel that the soldiers are "part of the problem", and some soldiers will be sensitive about people badmouthing what it is they're doing.

Consider your job, and if people thought that your industry was evil -- how would that make you feel, as a member of the workforce in that industry?
It would make me think about changing jobs...which, as a matter of fact i'm doing, in part, for that reason!

There are always a few wackos out there who are going to hold soldiers responsible, but the VAST majority of people...liberal and conservative regard them as heros! :thumbup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,095 Posts
the military is a wild-card box. its a process that takes an input, chugs on it and produces an output.

the input are the kids, in their current state of mind.

the process is what goes on from entry to exit. the boot camps, the mindfuck, the senseless rules (and some sensible ones randomly thrown in), the whole intensity swing - and you're locked in there for a long period of time. possibly add to that killing and the threat of being killed on active duty.

the output is what all that did to the kids going in.

your assertion is that 'the army makes a man out of you'. while it makes for good movies and book subjects, I'm not so sure its the predictable output that you think it is.

some kids do benefit from this 'process'. but its a S T R E T C H to say that it will cure whatever ails you, going in. if you're a farked up asshat going in, the GIGO rule still holds here.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,095 Posts
passaturbonium said:
YOu have a point Linx however.....there has to be something....these kids are fucking morons! <<<<thats not even the right word.
agreed - there is a problem with many kids.

their home lives are broken. parents are blame #1. if they don't do their job, the kid has little chance of EVER getting back on a normal track, mil or no mil.

some personalities go well with the sturcture of mil. many do not. some square pegs just will not go into round holes - and its foolish to try to force it.
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Top