Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Damn tree rats are chewing the stuff up under the hood. I've already poisoned about 6 of them, shot 2 of them...but they reproduce like...uh...squirrels :mad:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Squirrels have issues too...

With all this ranting against squirrels, maybe you should see what kind of rants squirrels have against you! Check out "Foamy's Rant"

http://www.illwillpress.com/vault.html

Pretty funny.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It must be those 2 squirrels in the Geico commercial...............when there not out causing accidents they invade your cars :thumbdow:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VW2003 said:
It must be those 2 squirrels in the Geico commercial...............when there not out causing accidents they invade your cars :thumbdow:
ANYONE who brakes or swerves for a squirrel is an idiot :crazy:

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a prblem in the winter with them sleeping in my engine bay and eating nuts. I pulled out a good 5 handfulls of nuts and then 2 weeks later there was more!

·
Registered
191 Posts
So what attracts the squirrels around your home/parking garage? maybe somehow making the general area less squirrel friendly would help.

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
We had a lady have her BRAND new V6 Passat come in on the hook because the Generator light came on and her power steering went out.

Found a dead chipmunk had somehow gotten onto one of the serpentine belt pulleys and it threw the belt. The chipmunk then fell into the belly pan.

On the back of the repair order:
"Chipmunk interference with serpentine accessory belt. See attached chipmunk."

We put the chipmunk in the plastic sleeve with the repair order.

·
Registered
158 Posts
we have a "wilderness area" around our work. They used to kill the rabbits and squirrels because they were chewing up wires in peoples cars. One guy's car caught on fire!!! But then all the bleeding hearts in the company didn't like the "pest control", so now it's back to chewed wires...

·
Registered
776 Posts
I have one word for how to get rid of squirrels: coyotes. Of course, same goes for cats and dogs. If you live next to a big open field (like what used to be behind our house) and the coyotes freqent your back yard, no further work required. If you don't, live trap em and take em to the coyotes! One guy I mountain bike with live traps and takes them to where we mountain bike - there the cougars, bears, coyotes, wolves and owls take care of the problem (and its too far to work their way back to the city!). Another guy live traps and lets them go across the river behind his place. Both say they have to repeat about once every one-two years.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts