Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Why I hate smokers even more! :mad:

1K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  atomicalex 
#1 ·
So I'm working on the Rabbit last night, starting to pull out the rear seats. Keep in mind that I get about an hour each night for this sort of thing after the kids go to sleep.

I take some pictures, label some thing and start unscrewing screws. Pull the bench out and sort of look at it. Put it down and start working on the seatback. Need bigger screwdriver, so I bring over a light and start peeking into crevices, etc. Do a little vacuuming. Return to looking at bench.

Discover a big freaking burn hole in the underside of the driver's end of it!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: More investigation leads to the conclusion that the asshole who did the halfassed carpet install dropped a lit butt into the seatwell and left it there before he put the bench down. It's completely not visible from the top or even noticeable when you sit on it, but it pisses the crap out of me that people are so careless. The seatcover is burned up and the bolster card is a bit charred on the bottom. :mad: I suppose that just furthers my interest in reupholstering her.

Don't smoke while working on your car!!!

#2 ·
atomicalex said:
So I'm working on the Rabbit last night, starting to pull out the rear seats. Keep in mind that I get about an hour each night for this sort of thing after the kids go to sleep.

I take some pictures, label some thing and start unscrewing screws. Pull the bench out and sort of look at it. Put it down and start working on the seatback. Need bigger screwdriver, so I bring over a light and start peeking into crevices, etc. Do a little vacuuming. Return to looking at bench.

Discover a big freaking burn hole in the underside of the driver's end of it!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: More investigation leads to the conclusion that the asshole who did the halfassed carpet install dropped a lit butt into the seatwell and left it there before he put the bench down. It's completely not visible from the top or even noticeable when you sit on it, but it pisses the crap out of me that people are so careless. The seatcover is burned up and the bolster card is a bit charred on the bottom. :mad: I suppose that just furthers my interest in reupholstering her.

Don't smoke while working on your car!!!

Better yet, just don't smoke. :weirdo: :crazy:

#3 ·
smoking is an expensive, nasty, deadly habbit. My brother in law, who lives with us smokes and I CAN'T STAND smelling it. I don't let smoke before he gets in my car if he is going somewhere with us. I can't stand the smell. Uggggh.

#6 ·
No No No...best seats VW ever put in a car were the Recaro Trophys in the Mk II Jetta GLI & Golf GTi. I LOVE mine (had to modify the tracks to get them to fit an Audi:

#7 ·
I like my seats! I don't need different ones! They are perfect for me! 8)

Chris - I have a stack of alcantara samples already. You have to order it in 3 yard minima - that's $250. So a two-tone job is $500 in material just for the covers. I'm going to use the rest of the light color for the headliner. I think an alcantara HL will be absolutely killer. I've seen it done before, it looks fantastic.

#9 ·
What the hell is Alcantara? I mean, I know what it is, and I've felt it, but why's it so pricey?

Oh, smoking's bad!!

#11 ·
Is Alcantara a brand?? Ultrasuede is a brand name for a fake suede product that is the best seat covering material in the world. I redid the interior cushions in my boat with Ultrasuede. That was several thousands of $$ in just material... :suspicio:

#13 ·
No doubt, not all smokers are :evil: . You know it IS possible to be a polite smoker. I refuse to sit in the smokeing secion unless EVERYONE in the group is a smoker, I do not smoke in the house if we have guests,, etc...

#15 ·
Postman said:
MattinPismo said:
Oh c'mon now, lets not flame on smokers...
the problem is more about shitty work ethics.
One of the reasons I don't quit is the pure enjoyment I get from people whining like little bitches about it. :thumbup:

With all the problems in this world...............................

Advertisement:

"Smoke Tarlicks! Piss 'em off to the MAX!"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.