Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I reinstalled relay 173 since my car is going back to factory. Now, my DRLs aren't working.

Does a Vag-com need to reset this?

·
8,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lights work fine.
The DRLs don't.

I don't think I changed anything in the connection when I hooked up my HIDs originally. HMMMM!!!

·
8,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It has been fighting me every inch of the way. Nothing works like it did when it was stock. I think it was meant to be modified.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Are you sure you installed the relay back into the correct socket. As I recall there is more than on place where it can go, and the place where it belongs is not the easiest place to put it. :lol: Search the links on disabling the DRLs for a pic of the relay when it is in place in the car to check that you've got it right.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Yes. The euroswitch just gives independent control of the fog/city lights, separate from the headlights. The DRLs are still switched on by relay #173 when the headlight switch is in the off position.

·
8,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
There really is only two unused relays. And it wouldn't fit in the other one.
I don't know what the issue is.

·
Registered
506 Posts
jaero said:
Yes. The euroswitch just gives independent control of the fog/city lights, separate from the headlights. The DRLs are still switched on by relay #173 when the headlight switch is in the off position.
This would only be necessary if I wanted to go with the DRL's, right!?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
OCTICK said:
There really is only two unused relays. And it wouldn't fit in the other one.
I don't know what the issue is.
I have personally installed the relay in the wrong location in my '99, and then it took about 20 minutes of searching to figure out why the DRLs didn't work. I don't know about other MYs, but it will fit where it doesn't belong in my car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.