Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
hello... again... this stuff is weird.. please figure something else out.
Well all I can say to you and CarrolGardner, no one is forcing you or holding a knife to your throat to become a contributing member in these forum threads. If you don't like it, then don't join!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mexicokid it's a legitimate question, nothing that warrants your statement. I myself wonder what the two post rule accomplishes. I'm on another site that one guy attacks people that post a problem before posting in welcome section and he is an admin! No rule requiring it just suggesting it but he goes after people anyway.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Noelstone, this is probably done to stop robotic signing up and spamming the board with garbage. I too am on other forums and there are restrictions imposed on "noobies" on each to some extent.
I stand by my comment, if you don't like the restrictions then DO NOT join. I do not see any hardships imposed on anyone.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,287 Posts
It helps greatly by preventing/reducing robotic posting and spammers. It’s hell to clean up the boards when they bombard the site.

2 posts and a couple hours for the system to register. That’s it.

There are other car forums that make you wait until you’re admitted by an admin. Even some facebook groups operate like that. Makes this seem not so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whew. Yeah. Such a HUGE imposition and GIGANTIC nuisance to have to make 2 WHOLE posts before getting full privileges and access. Yikes! Who ever heard of such tyranny?!?! Oh look. >>>> There's the door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts