Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feels like I’m a Passat addict. It’s a long story over many years and cars. But for now I’m driving these.

04 1.8t Variant 4motion 5 speed
04 W8 4motion 6 speed

Makes driving fun most days. Feeling very fortunate.

Attachments

·
Registered
28,336 Posts
Perhaps because the 4Mo manual is the best version of the Passat ever made...

Reactions: benzivr6

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,287 Posts
True, PZ. If a 1.8T manual 4mo wagon fell in my lap, I'd probably take it. Or, I'd make one from a 4mo wagon auto.

I've had my 04 since 2006 at 24k miles. 169k now and reliable as ever. Since I bought it, she's had 3 other stablemates that have come and gone. 98 Jetta, 99 B5 sedan, 2013 CC. Bought a 16 A4 with Sport pkg and s-line (my perfect combo just shy of an S4) and still can't let go of the Passat. When I grew tired of the tiptronic, I swapped in a manual. Renewed love for the gal.
GRCX0577.jpg

Reactions: benzivr6 and PZ

·
Registered
72 Posts
Greetings. If I may add my 0.02, I returned from a week's trip in Europe (Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands) recently and had seen predominantly the VWs and Mercedes cars driven there on the roads. But apart from the Mercedes, what struck my interest was the variety of VW models available there, many equipped with diesels. Yet, how quiet those diesels seemed to run. I wish we could have the diesels again available here in North America. But back to topic, I have a FWD B5.5 wagon that I adore just because of the simple but elegant lines of styling of these Passats. I have the Tip-tronic transmission, with hopes in the future to swap in a 5-spd manual.

·
Registered
2001 Passat wagon; 2016 Golf Sportwagen
5,504 Posts
As I have mentioned in the past, the Passat B5/5.5 wagon/variant is simply the best-sized, best-configured car ever offered on the American market. The Passat sedan and wagon solve the Audi A4's only real glaring deficiency, that of rear seat legroom.

One of my friends bought a 2001.5 wagon to replace his 1984 Camry wagon, after seeing how much I liked my 2001. He soon discovered that he could put his cello BEHIND the back seat, so there was room for wife, mother-in-law, tall then-teenage daughter, and cello in one car. "Yes, it's the perfect car," he confirmed after owning it awhile. Daughter still drives it.

·
in dire need of an organic chemistry lesson
2,614 Posts
I'd rather be a Junky chained in a rehab than sniffing B5.5 everyday :lol: :crazy: :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts