Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 SE blower failure. Fan and ac were working fine, turned the fan switch to a higher setting and blower stopped. Pulled blower out and it had a good bit of debris in it but continuity test checks out, there’s power to the unit, and when I turn the fan switch on with the temp turned to coldest setting the ac and recirc lights come on and I can hear something happening under the dashboard. I assume it’s the recirc cent closing so there’s obviously some connection at the switch.
I’d recently started to noticed a faint hum or vibration when the fan was at maximum and the cabin filter was filthy with significant debris in the pleats.
Whatcha guys think? Thermal fuse? Is there more than one contact on the fan switch?
And no, it will not blow at all, not even on max

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, is there a trick or tool to release the wire harness connector or am I just clumsy and incompetent?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Replace. The design is stupid. Fan motor sits in plastic "bucket" that collects condensation from condenser, ends up rusting shaft, thus causes motor to stop spinning. I drilled a hole in plastic motor housing when I put in new motor, no more shaft sitting in a puddle of water....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts