Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so here's the deal. The old "show your ride" post has some dead links in it. I was wondering if we could get all the members to repost their rides in this new thread.

My idea behind it is not to upstage the last member who started the thread, but to accomplish the following:

1. Get as many members to post as possible over the next couple months.
2. Have good clean pics of cars taken, if possible the car by itself(washed)
Decent pics that are fairly close up and show the car from atleast the
front and complete side pic.
3. Have a member that is really good with computers and has server
access make a ZipFile of all the pics so that the members can download
and use as a screen saver.

4. If not to time consuming it would be really sweet to even have the
members "screen name" on the corner of the pics.

5.Any genius volunteer's???Please...



I think this is a good idea, since I've tried to save as many as I can over time and would like to have a better group of pics to show off my B5 pride!!!


Anyone like this idea????


I think it shouldn't matter to if you no longer have your Passat...if you have good pics....Show them.

Jason



I'll go first.Although I have no decent straight on pics of the front.RIP :cry:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And I know everyone would like to have pics of "jdubu81's" new ride as a screen saver.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
954 Posts
If you want this to work, I reccomend posting your images as you user name dash pic number

ie: NOSswitchB5-1.jpg

Then the pictures can be saved and the user info is already there and easy to be added to the pictures.

Not really a good photo for a screen saver, but an example.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts
Ok, I have two shots as of now, I have full res size but I dunno if you want that or not because they are HUGE, here are the smaller thumbnail versions that i have on photohost, if you want the larger ones, lemme know



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
709 Posts
yeah. I have several webservers that i can host a zip file on. I'll go ahead and save the pics until it gets big and hefty. I can also shrink the file size down a bit without ruining quality to save some space. I'll start saving pics.

I'd put pics of my car down, but it's completely stock with the pics I have, and I'm getting my new wheels tomorrow or tuesday, p[lus i still gotta put springs and a grill on it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
NOSswitchB5 said:
If you want this to work, I reccomend posting your images as you user name dash pic number

ie: NOSswitchB5-1.jpg[/img]
Good call...thanx for the tip.

Nu Mu 356 said:
yeah. I have several webservers that i can host a zip file on. I'll go ahead and save the pics until it gets big and hefty. I can also shrink the file size down a bit without ruining quality to save some space. I'll start saving pics.
Hey thanx!!! :bow: :bow:

Pics with just your rims would be alright. There are a lot of members at various levels of modding.
______________


Wow! To think I was going to lay bets with a friend of mine that Nick would be the first to post. :thumbsup: Your car is Cleeeeeeeaaaaaaaannnn!!!


jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Not to dampen this thread at all, but a lot of us aren't blessed to have 75 degree weather year round, and most, like me, are looking at their poor car and thinking "don't worry honey, as SOON as it gets warm again, we'll spend lots of quality time together bathing and cleaning making sure none of the that icky salt the evil strong road man put all over the road making you all itchy and scratchy...."

...or something to that extent :D but yeah, that and I've put more mods on, but haven't had a decent opportunity to take some good shots. All I'm saying, is that this thread might be more popular to the masses in a few more months
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,011 Posts
chrisyoon said:
Not to dampen this thread at all, but a lot of us aren't blessed to have 75 degree weather year round, and most, like me, are looking at their poor car and thinking "don't worry honey, as SOON as it gets warm again, we'll spend lots of quality time together bathing and cleaning making sure none of the that icky salt the evil strong road man put all over the road making you all itchy and scratchy...."

...or something to that extent :D but yeah, that and I've put more mods on, but haven't had a decent opportunity to take some good shots. All I'm saying, is that this thread might be more popular to the masses in a few more months
Man, you took words from my mouth :cry: I post new pics today, with new valance and nobody noticed it. I know why, car looks like pissed to me as well. I will wait either -25 C to have dry roads to make nice pics in nice enviroment or wait till May :cry: :cry:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,073 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's fine if some have to wait for warmer temps. The last two days around here have been the only days in the last two weeks above zero.

When you get around to it snap some pics. I think the snow makes for an awesome backdrop myself.

Jason
 
1 - 20 of 171 Posts
About this Discussion
170 Replies
100 Participants
Sebaflex
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing
Top