Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
didn't even bother to put the front FL covers back on....

does the car come with the engine too? lol

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
i dont like how he replaced his gauges.

but i do find it funny how the only person to own an abd cai is the car owned by abd only, lol.

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
How do you figure:crazy: Scott sold his car and it was a 2001.5 whereas this is a 2004, It's silver, dropped, rims, painted engine bay, gauges changed....yes it looks like Scott's :p
i'd say half the members here have silver cars. the majority are dropped with rims. a good number have painted engine bays. so that fits the description of alot of members here, but just to name a few differences:

scott had silverstone gray, theis wagon on ebay is reflex silver.
scott had european rub strips, this guy has original chrome
scott had full votex kit, this wagon has just front lip, painted sides & rear
scott used an evo intake which he modified, this guy has an abd intake.
scott has a momo steering wheel & m3 mirrors, this guy doesn't
scott drove a tiptronic, this guy has a manual.

and scott's wagon was 10x nicer:
http://www.b5one.com/oneB5/0804.shtml

scott had original mods and put in alot time and effort in making his wagon unique. from painting trim pieces, cutting out intake holes for his grill and finishing it off with rubber trim, his wagon was much nicer so i think it's safe to say it is an insult to scott considering how much work he put into his car. and i think most will agree, scott definitely had one of the nicest rides in the long history of this forum and community. this ebay wagon doesn't even touch scott's ride...

besides the gauges, nothing else looks similiar imo.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Based on his description, I'd say the guy is trying to rip someone off. He claims the car has dyno'd at 270hp, and says it boosts of 20psi, but doesn't list a turbo upgrade. Says it has ECU work, but that won't get you to 270hp, nor 20psi. Lots of other stuff like a FMIC, flywheel, clutch etc though.

Still... that said - it's a sweet looking ride. AND he has sunk a lot of time, effort and $$$$ into it. I'd be curious about the turbo though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts