Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how it bumps. .. i'm looking at getting one for a 99 b5, but i can't seem to find anyone with one, or a shop with one that i cna listen to. .. thanks!

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
If you want it to "bump" this won't do it for you. A single 10, even when corner loaded rarely satisfies a bass head. And yes, you are a bass head. If the first thing you ask is if it bumps, you're a bass head. For you, I'd suggest something big (at least a 12), with a lot of power handling and a ported or bandpass box.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, i'm a bass head, whatever you might want to call me, i'm running a nice set up of 2 12 alpine type r subs with 350watts of mtx power to each :) but the box is so darn annoying and inconvient. . . i'm a skier, so i think it's time to compromise.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol, what i could do with a touareg, lol, the possibilities are endless. .. just out of curiosoity, anyone know of a place in jersey that oes good custom boxes, i' thinking of just getting my 2 12's built in to look nice and prety and use daddys passat wagon when i go skiing, he'd love the chance to drive my ride anyways lol.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have the gain cranked up more then should be, but when I have the volume set at 4 the rear view mirror and side mirrors are unusable. You could do better with two twelves. Solo barics L7's are good. W7s are good. But I like the stealth box b/c I lost about two inches of useable space in my trunk.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have the gain cranked up more then should be, but when I have the volume set at 4 the rear view mirror and side mirrors are unusable. You could do better with two twelves. Solo barics L7's are good. W7s are good. But I like the stealth box b/c I lost about two inches of useable space in my trunk.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i was th8nking of getting an empty stealth box and putting in a better sub than then 10w3. . anyoen knwo fi ti's possible to get just the stealth box?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've got a 10 inch W6 V2 in a ported box and it sounds like 1 if not 2 12's... no kidding. I have people tell me all the time that it sounds like 2 12's back there!! Even though I love the setup, I'm having a custom enclosure built. My sub won't fit in a JL stealthbox so I'm having someone build me a "stealthbox" that it will fit into. Retail for a stealthbox is $499, I'm having mine built for $150.. Just something to consider

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've had my custom 'stealthbox' for a while. I'm using the Polk-Momo series 10".... and let me tell yah... This thing bumps (driving it with a PowerClass 2400 amp at 400W RMS @ 4ohms) . I have the 2nd most recent model. I think the newest model handles 500W RMS @ 4ohms.

I used to have a dual sub box which took up a chunk of trunk space. The lows were cleaner.... but the small sacrifice going to the 10 was worth the space savings.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
5 Participants
Chip
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing