Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yellow is tight but I am leaning toward a darker color like a grey, or a bmw metallic blue like on the M3... Dunno I have alot of research to do still.

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
Mike - It was black magic until my wife's grandmother "washed" it with a wet rag (no soap) and let it sit out, without drying it, in the CA heat. Can we say water spots? Then it got keyed so I went with this. It's Amber Fire Pearl Metallic. These pics do it NO justice. There are 5 grams of REAL GOLD in the pearl. When some of the local guys get to see it thy'll be able to tell you, it's a sweet color.

Paul :thumbup:

·
I got this user title because I'm old and special
8,552 Posts
When you guys do a respray, I am assuming you are only doing the outside non of the underhood, trunk, and underbody. Correct?

Just curious how it looks having the two different colors.

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
quality_sound said:
Let's try this again.....

Oh my head is that sweet! :eek: I love that color! I'm wondering if you had the entire car repainted (hidden areas and all) and how much you paid to have it done. I've been toying with the idea of having mine repainted due to some really nasty chips on the hood and a good size scratch on the roof. I won't copy your color - but am thinking of something similar.

·
Registered
23,183 Posts
I left the jambs and underhood and under the trunk black because I wanted the contrast, kinda like a Saturn actually. I had him tape off all of the edges so it looked right though. I would only be about another $1000 to pull the doors, hood and trunk lid to paint them as well. I paid about $3500 for the paint and that includes doing the grill, lowers, and spoiler. They aren't on the pics because I needed my car back before he got those done. Now it's back in the shop having that stuff done so my next set of pics will look quite different. :D I can't wait.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
9 Participants
quality_sound
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing