Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Yes. I think about 99.999% of the people who get chipped are amazed. I know I was. No, it won't become a 12 second muscle car, but for just a chip its amazing. I'm completely stock except for an APR chip and powergasket. Love the programing.

EDIT: mines an '03 1.8t w/ tip tranny

EDIT2: or are you talking about the tip chip - the chip for the transmission. I don't have it. As far as I know GIAC is the only one that makes a tip chip. The people on this board that have it seem to love it though

·
Registered
283 Posts
chip it (yes i mean the ecu, but the tip chip is very worth while too). like night and day. :bow:

·
Registered
283 Posts
chip it (yes i mean the ecu, but the tip chip is very worth while too). like night and day. :bow:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
yeah dude youd totally love it. no complains about RockShow's APR chip except blowin the DV valve lol. we're hopin to get that in the mail and replaced soon. make sure u get one

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Chip it, even if you get a lowly Greedspeed (Neuspeed) VBL chip like I did. It may not pull like the GIAC, but it's still a big improvement over stock.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You must chip it.

What would you rather say to the question (one of many upgrades)

"How many horses in that sexy car of yours"

Before Chip - "170"
After Chip - "210"

I choose option B please

·
Banned
1,496 Posts
Yup. Its worth it. My 99 went from 150hp to 200hp plus I did the Tip mod (switched to sport mode). Gots ta get a chip! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Do the Tiptronic transmisions handle the extra power without any problems? This has been my only concern. The last thing I want is a slipping/dying transmission.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
NYA VW said:
If your going to chip your car its recommend that you buy a TIP chip as well. My understanding is that they work hand in hand. I have both in my 02 1.8T and I would do it again in a heart beat!! :thumbup:
i'm getting the GIAC ECU chip + tip chip tomorrow 8)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts