Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry to be a newb, but i've got to start somewhere. i was just wondering what people were paying right now. i figured its real cheap right now. i've looked at the edmunds TMV pricing, but i think that's too wide a timeframe. i'm sure i can get cheaper. i'm looking at a 1.8t probably no options, but possibly leather or cold weather package. anyone know what the dealer incentives and holdbacks are right now? also what's my best way of negotiating? anyone had good luck in getting really low prices. thanks in advance for all your help. once i get it you'll see me more. gonna start with hardwiring an IPOD!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
New '04 GLS

Just picked on up on MOnday. There were two choices. Buy it outright (no leather, but with automatic) for $20,895 or lease with about $1,000 down and $229/month (48 month lease, 10k miles/year - residual value $11,300).

The lease was simply too good to pass up. If you add up the down payment, plus the 47 payments (the down payment includes the first payment), the total comes out to essentially zero interest. So VW Credit - has "loaned" me four years of not having to buy the car out until the lease is up. $11,300 four years from now is probably about $10,000 in today's dollars - a no brainer.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Re: New '04 GLS

realbeentheredonethat said:
Just picked on up on MOnday. There were two choices. Buy it outright (no leather, but with automatic) for $20,895 or lease with about $1,000 down and $229/month (48 month lease, 10k miles/year - residual value $11,300).

The lease was simply too good to pass up. If you add up the down payment, plus the 47 payments (the down payment includes the first payment), the total comes out to essentially zero interest. So VW Credit - has "loaned" me four years of not having to buy the car out until the lease is up. $11,300 four years from now is probably about $10,000 in today's dollars - a no brainer.
Thats awesome deal 1k down and 229$ per month, I am sure 5spd will be little bit cheaper.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the help! what's the financing options on buying. i think i saw 1.9 for 60 mos, but haven't checked this week. i guess i could figure this out feal quick, but i'm lazy right now.

·
Banned
1,324 Posts
i just got the GLS with non 4motion loaded with every option for just about 26K after taxes and all that crap...

looks like i could have done better, but they had to get the car i wanted... only wanted Silverstone with Anthracite leather... couldn't find ANY without the wood package, so i got that thrown in for free...

They have $1000 off all Passats, and $1000 for owner loyalty...

66 months at 1.9%...

·
Registered
298 Posts
A-Tiller-the hun said:
i just got the GLS with non 4motion loaded with every option for just about 26K after taxes and all that crap...

looks like i could have done better, but they had to get the car i wanted... only wanted Silverstone with Anthracite leather... couldn't find ANY without the wood package, so i got that thrown in for free...

They have $1000 off all Passats, and $1000 for owner loyalty...

66 months at 1.9%...
I looked at a new GL wagon last week (southern Cal). The sales guy went to invoice right off the bat and said that there's the $1000 for customer loyalty. Edmunds says that VW gives another $2000 to dealer for an incentive. If your deal was for $1000 below invoice plus loyalty rebate to you, that's a pretty good deal in my book.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bought mine in NoVa two weeks ago- 2004.5 GLS 1.8t, tip, fwd, leather with wood, ESP, and cold, blue graphite with gray, 22215 including freight, no trade, no owner loyalty.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
That one lease deal above is pretty damn good. I leased an 03 GLS with every option avialable on it (the sticker was a little under $27K). I paid $1,900 down and $340/month total for 36 months 12K miles per month.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I bought my second passat in april for $23370. That is $1300 below invoice less $500 loyalty rebate for a total of 1800 below invoice. The dealer had a $2000 incentive so the profit was $350 split between the broker that I bought the car from and the dealer that had the car. I also got the 1.9% for 60 mo.

The deal was very close to edmunds TMV so I would say use thier info to get in the ballpark. If the dealer were desperate enough you could probably get close to 2k under invoice less the loyalty rebate. That would take some mean negotiation though and I dont have the temper for it (thats what brokers are for!)

Its a 04 GLS wagon with leather and esp

with the incentives they have right now I was able to get this car for the same price as I got my 02 for (sedan with no leather). Now is a pretty good time to buy!

cowphunk....If you can get the 1.9% you might consider not putting the money down...unless it is just laying around collecting dust. 1.9% interest is pretty cheap to use someone elses money and your 6-7k might help you out elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.