Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of 235/40/17s on 17x8's and 275/40/17's on 17x9's for the rear. Pretty beefy, right?

Well, my friend and I had this crazy idea....

And so we tried it...

275/40/17 up front. :shock:

Rubs every so slightly on the right side (but not on the left...probably something we can fix with camber adjustments). 30 mm offset + a 8 mm spacer. An extra 2 mm would be awesome.

So if these fit on the front...I need some new rear wheels. 335 on 17x13? :wink:

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bah. Minor detail. :p

300ZX TT brakes + 300-350 whp should be on the menu pretty soon.

With Hoosier A3S03s, I'm wondering if we can pull 2 lateral Gs on the skidpad. :suspicio:

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crew217 said:
silly asian . . . . :p
Speak for yourself. :p

Mac: its never too late to enjoy RWD once again. :) I paid $4k for my S14, and 95% of the $1500 I spent so far has gone into the suspension (Taiwanese imitation parts are great). The engine is a total workhorse, and I'm posting better-than OEM spec compression numbers. Lets just hope the rod bearings are happy.

After another $350 for sway bars, the next $1500-2500 is for turbo fun. :) My friend is at 300 rwhp with a T25, 300ZX MAF, 300ZX fuel pump, ~400 cc injectors, sumbigass FMIC, and an S-AFC...but that boy probably suffers from K03 overworked turbo syndrome. :lol:

So I'll probably go at least T28, if not T3/T4 (or T04E if I suddenly get a giant bonus). One potential problem is the giant 96 mm stroke, and stock fuel cutoff is 6500 rpms, leaving you a mere 2500 rpms of full boost should I go with a T3/T4. Nothing that you can fix by recrystallizing your ECU to a 7500 rpm redline, but I'd be afraid of somethin' like oil starvation.

But anyways. Your budget could support another toy car. Think how nice it would be to actually be able to use all that power with giant meaty rear tires. Just sell off that bigass TV of yours that would work just as well if it were half the size. :wink: As long as you can deal with all the people asking you if you drift your car. :D

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
Kiyoshi said:
2 G's? Is that humanly possible? Do supercars with slicks on even get that much traction?
Sure -- in fact, F1 and Indy cars usually pull about 3 to 4 G's. I remember an incident a year or two ago where the Indy drivers were getting scared at Texas Motor Speedway -- they were pulling so many G's that they were beginning to gray out.

Andy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.