Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
what the heck is an echo of gecko anyways...
1,960 Posts
The word is it will be sold in the US but for about 80k only if i was that rich.
So if it will only be sold for 80K if you were that rich, what will it be sold for if you weren't that rich?

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
I don't like that body style. I would prefer anything from an R32 to an R34. If I had a choice and the money, R34 GTR V-Spec II.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Nice car, not worth $80K. Especially if it only comes with a 7-speed auto.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
caddy front , cobalt rear .... :whistle:
hahaha you are damn right it does look like caddy front and rear cobalt. If i had 80k to spend it wouldn't be for a damn skyline i would put it towards buying a house so i dont have to live in an apartment but i'm only 21 so i cant complain yet. I dont see that car being worth that much i would say somwhere around 40k maybe.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
caddy front , cobalt rear .... :whistle:
the skyline has had that rear lots longer than the cobalt has, even if the cobalt was on the drawing board 10 years ago... :whistle:

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not my bag. I wouldn't spend 80k on that car. This is my bag. The potential for this car is amazing. Spend another 10K on a twin turbo kit! :lol:

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Well...I'll let you guys know how it is when my friend buys one. He states that it should be out sometime at the end of this year. :)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
initially it was going for $60k. for 60k, its a reasonable price. for 80k, i think it'll have a much more difficult time competing with the likes of the viper and z06 (which are already leagues ahead of the r34 gtr imo). personally i wouldn't get it either way. its overkill for me. i don't think i'll need anything much quicker than say an evo or sti (even for the track). if i wanted pimp appeal, id opt for a M coupe or Gayman-S. you really dont need 80k to get a very fast & good looking car these days.

imo, nissan/infiniti has been very reasonable for the most part with the their pricing. my bet is that the r35 gtr is going to be priced around 60k. at 80k, i dont think many ppl are going to buy it. ppl who usually can and are willing to spend that much, are usually going to want a something from porsche, bmw, or mercedes, or established sports cars like the Z06 and viper. Not to say the GTR isnt established, just not enough in NA to make it a commercially plausible venture imo.

·
Salty Moderation Stylez
12,663 Posts
initially it was going for $60k. for 60k, its a reasonable price. for 80k, i think it'll have a much more difficult time competing with the likes of the viper and z06 (which are already leagues ahead of the r34 gtr imo). personally i wouldn't get it either way. its overkill for me. i don't think i'll need anything much quicker than say an evo or sti (even for the track). if i wanted pimp appeal, id opt for a M coupe or Gayman-S. you really dont need 80k to get a very fast & good looking car these days.

imo, nissan/infiniti has been very reasonable for the most part with the their pricing. my bet is that the r35 gtr is going to be priced around 60k. at 80k, i dont think many ppl are going to buy it. ppl who usually can and are willing to spend that much, are usually going to want a something from porsche, bmw, or mercedes, or established sports cars like the Z06 and viper. Not to say the GTR isnt established, just not enough in NA to make it a commercially plausible venture imo.
Agree 100%

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

Agree 100%
x2

:sleep:

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Again, this isn't meant to be a mass market car. It's a halo car. For the fanbois.

Lemme ask you, what's higher in the "cool book", a STi, or a Viper? What's cooler, a Z06 or a M6? What's cooler, a NSX or a M3?

Get it?

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
I would rather spend that much to get the R32 or R34. And those cars are the only ones that look the way they do. I LOVE the one off of 2fast2furious!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts