1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
That is not as much of a problem as you might think it is. I can think of 2 different ways to make this work but both involve "losing" your valet key.

Pete

·
Registered
76 Posts
Let me know...

If it works I will gladly replace my remote start system with an integrated system/key. Right now I have 2 remotes (the flip key and the remote start) One with an integrated key would kick butt.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is no question that this can operate with a remote start. I know that. I just have to set the trunk release as the remote start activation since the locks will open the trunk anyways. I just have to make sure that the key can be cut for a VW key.

As far as the people with immobilizers are concerned, just use a 555B to bypass the immobilizer system for remote start, problem solved!

·
Registered
4 Posts
How Will this Work With my 2003 Passat ????

I dont know a lot of electronics and live in the dominican republic where you order keys to germany with your car code.

Regards,

Rayo
Dominican Republic
:???: :???: :???:

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
How would you get around needing the trunk release on a Variant? The hatch doesn't unlock with the car on a Variant and if you disable the button on the remote you'll have to use the button in the car or the key in the hatch lid.

Paul :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would need to make some programable circuit to make a two button combo wouldn't I??? I don't think the alarm will pulse both lock and unlock at the same time if I hold them down. I'll have to check and see but that's a good idea. Maybe use two relays?

Relay 1
85 lock
86 12v
87 to unlock
87a empty
30 to 85 on relay 2

Relay 2
85 from 30 on relay 1
86 12v
87 ground
87a empty
30 to remote start negative activation wire

Sound right to you or do you think there is another way I could do this?

·
Registered
23,182 Posts
Sounds right to me. The pulse should be strong enough if you pull the negative lead from the battery and use the relay as a switch instead of pulling from the alarm brain. Does that make sense?

Paul :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.