Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so much looking forward to a new NCAA football this upcoming season. We are over 5 months until the new season arrives and my Saturdays are pretty boring without college football. Anyway, here is my top 5 best teams this new season:

1) LSU
2) USC
3) Oklahoma
4) Miami, FL
5) FSU

Who are your favorite to start big this year?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The beginning of the year, we will have the usual for the first few weeks, Texas will be up there, FSU, Miami, LSU, OU, USC. I think then Texas will drop out with their #1 recruiting class as usual, Miami will either beat or lose to FSU, dropping one of those teams. LSU will have the targets and pressure this year, like they did not have last year, Florida or someone else will test them. USC will stay around, cause I dont think they will play anyone even though I have not seen the schedule. OU might not get tested for awhile, but someone will get them before the end of the year. My team, Ohio State, has a QB battle to decide, alot of people to replace, but the d should be solid, I think the O line will be better and more mobile, and no more questions at halfback. OSU lost Chris Gamble, but got the #1 corner in the country, who also might run in the olympics, so the corners are going to be dominant. We need to get Bill McKinney in here to get his thoughts....also, I think the BCS problems of last year will be corrected, they are talking of adding another BCS game as well. I also like the young QB at Notre Dame, he is going to be good. I dont know who will challenge for the Big 10 this year, but the other conferences seem to already have favorites.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
USC and LSU will be tough again - look out for Georgia to be damn good this year - I think the David Greene to Fred Gibson combination there will be lethal not to mention that the Bulldogs also have one hell of a DE (I mean a top ten guy) in David Pollack. Oklahoma, Miami, Texas, FSU will all be very good too I think.

In the big ten, it kills me to say I think Michigan will dominate my Buckeyes. The Wolverines have a hell of a lot of talent and I think they'll do well despite Lloyd Carr. The Buckeyes lost 5 of their front 7 on defense, not to mention that my other team (the UC Bearcats) got OSU defensive coordinator plus as Jaycevs mentioned they lost Gamble and Krenzel among others on offense which hurts quite a bit. Purdue has a pretty good QB too in Kyle Orton, I've seen him a few times last year, in fact he almost beat the Bucks last year.

Should be interesting - can't wait!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, that's true about Georgia, I think that collegefootballnews has Georgia ranked as #1 on their pre-season poll. But that does not mean by any means that they are the #1 team in the country next season.

That is pretty similar to Auburn's situation last year when they started the season as #6 and everybody had high expectations of them, and then they lost their first 2 games and when they were finally on a roll, LSU whipped them 31-7.

Those surprises are what makes college football so much fun, specially after watching the MAC conference play last year.

·
Registered
181 Posts
a little OT, but....from ESPN on the football teams meeting president bush the other day..

[Last January, LSU chancellor Mark Emmert, in one of the best lines ever delivered by a college president, said, "USC is the national champion the same way Al Gore is president."]

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'm crossing my fingers that USC lives up to the high expectations. Our first games are VTech and BYU so we should have a decent idea where we stand without Mike Williams.

a little OT, but....from ESPN on the football teams meeting president bush the other day..

[Last January, LSU chancellor Mark Emmert, in one of the best lines ever delivered by a college president, said, "USC is the national champion the same way Al Gore is president."]
That's pretty f'ing funny even though I'm an 'SC fan.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
trojanB5
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing