Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need my 1999 AEB 1.8T rebuilt after 2.5 years of sitting. I've been hoping to join a timing belt lawsuit, but I'm sick and tired of waiting. I hate the local dealers, and refuse to spend my money with them, after the way they’ve treated me. If any Alberta members could give me referrals I’d really appreciate it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I've heard good things about the following, but I would call and make sure they would be up to the task first as I have not ever dealt with them directly.

EUROKAR

3B RAYBORN CRES
ST ALBERT, AB, T8N 5C5
(780) 459-2423

Westside Automotive

10010 168 ST
Edmonton, AB, T5P 3W8
(780) 489-8021

---

Hey Yuk, I remember talking with you on BITOG about your passat and hate for the dealers. We were supposed to go for a beverage and discuss but anyhoo, let me know if that helps and what the end result is after it's all said and done.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ilikemypassat,

Hey, long time no speak! Sorry about the beer. As you can tell by my post count, I don't really get that much of a chance to hang out on these forums, or do much else besides work. I was actually thinking recently that we VW/Audi owning, Alberta residing, Bitog members should all get together for a beer. Unfortunately, if it's left up to me to organize it'll never happen. What can I say...? I kind of suck when it comes to being sociable. I like being sociable, but I seem to get distracted easily by other events in life.

Thanks for the mechanic tips. I’ve used Westside three or four times (they inspected my timing belt before it let go) and although I wouldn’t necessarily say anything bad about them, I’m thinking there might be someone or someplace better out there.

Keep in touch!

Yuk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts