Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there is this ignore and buddy list on Passat world. I have no idea what it means. At first I thought if someone was your buddy that posts would pop up when they post them but that's not the case. I only have Pson and JRikez on my list. I miss Jay, he hasn't been here since early January.

Siteach and Old Pete are buddies I bet.

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,717 Posts
Look under User CP and then on the left hand side is a miscellaneous section its in there

·
Registered
913 Posts
so adding a member to the buddy list does what?

·
Resident a-hole knowitall
15,717 Posts
What are the buddy and ignore lists?
The buddy list is used to keep track of the friends you have made on this forum. By going to your "Open Buddy List" in "Quick Links" menu of the navbar, you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online and send them a private message. Adding people to your buddy list also allows you to send private messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by viewing their profile or by going to "Buddy / Ignore Lists" in your "User CP".

Ignore lists are used for those people whose messages you wish not to read. By adding someone to your ignore list, those messages posted by these individuals will be hidden when you read a thread.
The second part is very useful for those members who you dont really wanna listen to, you know who i am talking about ;)

·
Administrator
23,298 Posts
I have a few members on mine. It shows a plus next to their name at the bottom of the page

·
$t0rm1n [email protected]
8,184 Posts
I see there is this ignore and buddy list on Passat world. I have no idea what it means. At first I thought if someone was your buddy that posts would pop up when they post them but that's not the case. I only have Pson and JRikez on my list. I miss Jay, he hasn't been here since early January.

Siteach and Old Pete are buddies I bet.
All these years and you never once had me on the buddy list? I even have Rusty on my buddy list

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
didn't work for me, i tried to use the ignore list, and it said "Sorry XXX is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her." BTW, the person i tried this on does not have moderator or admin under the name. :whistle:

·
One more time, and I'm outta here
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So now that I have a buddy,does that mean they will come to my GTG?

Can I hit them up for a 10% discount off of their Classified price?

If I misspell something in multiple threads, can they come through and fix it?

If I give my opinion and no one agrees with me, can they chime in and make my Black Hole opinion right and everyone else's wrong?

These are things I want from being a buddy.

·
My intake has Emphysema
7,715 Posts
I dont have anyone......but I wouldn't mind adding some of those hotties Scott has as friends on Facebook:whistle:

1 - 20 of 120 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.