Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, crawfish season is here. Just got a 40 lbs bag and did a crawfish boil picnic with family & friends over the weekend.

Gotta love those spiced up mud-bugs ... good beer chaser :thumbup:

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
all you eat are the tails? I have eaten them in pasta at a restraunt but never cooked them myself. As a kid I caught thousands of them but never ate em.. threw them off a bridge into the water though :thumbup: ...oh, they can't fly.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
We used to catch them in college and eat them with butter like little lobsters. Great with beer. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
i lived in south Louisiana for 2 years and houston most of my life and I love crawfish season. I can't eat them because I am allergic to all seafood, but I love the smell of crawfish boiling and the atmosphere of crawfish boils or "boles" as it is pronounced in Cajun country...

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Speaking of seafood and beer... I like smelts marinated in a basic oil/vinegar/garlic/herb and then grilled till done, also grill foil wrapped whole cloves of garlic and butter for a half hour before the smelts go on and smear the roasted garlic on toasted sourdough. They are delicious, fall right off the bone, land on the bread and roasted garlic and wash down nicely with the beer of your choosing. I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY GRILL GOING! :beer: :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
shit...not many crawdads in the NorthEast. I love those little water bugs. Wish you'd send a 40 lb bag my way. I LOVE them all spiced up with many beers! :beer:

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Tyrannosaurus said:
shit...not many crawdads in the NorthEast.
You kidding Tyranno?! There's LOADS of them! Not sure why they aren't eaten up here though.. maybe they are a different variety? I grew up in Upstate NY and I kid you not as stated above caught THOUSANDS of them as a kid.

They don't fly.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
That sounds good. Send a bag to me please!

·
Reverend Arthur Dimmwit
3,988 Posts
I :heart: seafood. I like crawfish but I much prefer steamed clams. Gimme a few hundred little necks and and a quart of melted butter I'm a happy bear. :) And no beer for me, thank you. I'll take a Citadelle G&T. Afterwards we can sit on the porch, burp and fart, and tell lies. :wink:

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just make sure that I don't run out of Corona with twist of lime, I can easily down 10 lbs of these spiced up mud-bugs in one sitting. :shock:

The key is in the added spice, we have been refining our own family recipe for over 10 years, and it's just the best anywhere ... makes my mouth water already :p

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
too much work!

gimme tiger prawns (10ct or larger) any damned day!

in a vinagrette maranade for a few hours, then over a mesquite grill for a few minutes.

its the meaning of life, I tell ya.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts