Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering who here has put on a clearbra on their car? If so, what areas did it cover, how many years is it supposed to last (before a new fresh application), and how much did it cost? Also, how effective was it at protecting your hood, fender, headlights, etc.?

Also, once you detail your car and throw on a clearbra, do you "lock in" that detail or are you still suposed to detail that portion of the car? ie... wash, clay, wash, wax, etc.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
i was going to get the clear bra untill they guy estimated it to cost me 600+ dollars for the vinyl and installation. As far as i have heard it keeps the car clean under the film..and you can wash over it to give it extra sparkle,not worth the money in my opinion though

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
clear bra helps a lot. how much it covers depends on what you pay, but typically, the bumper, part of the fender, and part of the hood. imo, not really worth it unless you're anal about keeping your car brand new and/or have a show car.

it does work really well though. everyone who has had it correctly installed loves it.

·
the deal finder!
15,574 Posts
if i did a clear bra, i'd do the whole hood, front bumper and both fenders. if you only do part of the hood and fenders, then there will be a line where the bra ends.

·
Registered
662 Posts
I have the clear bra on my '99 (silver) and think it's great. I travel 90 miles round trip every day and it is almost all highway miles. The front of my car was getting all of the little stone chips in it before I put this on 2 years ago. I works against the smaller stuff, but I have a few nicks in it where whatever hit my car ripped through the clear bra and put a nick into the paint. I wasn't too hard to put on, especially if you have put window tint on before. Also, you don't have to worry about taking it off when it rains or snows, etc.

:thumbup:

I got mine through Ryan at Autoclearguard.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts