Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else has a 3-spoke steering wheel? My B5 is a 99 V6 and I bought it used with only 24,000 miles on it last year.
Did the B5 ever come with a 3-spoke wheel at one point? Was it an option or was it standard? Did the factory run out of
the 4-spoke wheel and had to dig into the MKIV bin? I doubt the last owner was an enthusiast because the car was a
stock as can be (unless the person parted it out). My steering wheel is my favorite part of the car. :D

·
Registered
245 Posts
All of the EURO models that I have seen are three spoke. In fact the German W8 has an awesome three spoke with a solid wood wheel that matches the interior wood. Makes me jealous, wish my W8 had the wooden three spoke.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Vee-acht said:
Makes me jealous, wish my W8 had the wooden three spoke.
I sense a new mod coming soon for you :wink:

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Vee-acht said:
All of the EURO models that I have seen are three spoke. In fact the German W8 has an awesome three spoke with a solid wood wheel that matches the interior wood. Makes me jealous, wish my W8 had the wooden three spoke.
You mean this?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Just curious but hoypinoy1234 you have woodgrain trim but your shifter is not woodgrain my 99 5speed has a woodgrain shifter?? Just curious. Did you install the trim yourself?

·
Banned
1,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Marylandv6b599 said:
Just curious but hoypinoy1234 you have woodgrain trim but your shifter is not woodgrain my 99 5speed has a woodgrain shifter?? Just curious. Did you install the trim yourself?
No, the woodgrain was there when I bought it used. I noticed a V6 B5 in my neighborhood that has a woodgrain knob with his woodgrain trim.

I remember someone else here has a B5 that looks EXACTLY like mine when I first bought mine, inside and out. It's this guy, SleeperA2. It's pretty funny, because in the thread, someone commented on his 3-spoke wheel. I wonder what happened to that guy (SleeperA2)?

http://www.clubb5.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43818&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

1 - 15 of 15 Posts