Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who all has built a computer for their car to hold music and movies etc...

i always wanted to do this in my cars but never have.

·
Grinding Gears...gone fishing!
22,619 Posts
SEE THAT THERE SEARCH BOX ON THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE?
THIS IS THE COMPUTER AGE ;)
CarPC <<< PUT THAT IN THE BOX, CHANGE TO PW AND PRESS SEARCH.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,900 Posts
that really was unnecessary scot. you'd thing moderators would be a bit more kind
do you know what kind of day Scott had when he wrote that? if not, I'd suggest you take your criticism back. we have days good and bad, just like you guys. having a bad day doesn't necessarily translate well on the internet - and we get tired of seeing people post questions that they can find answers for if they'd only take the time to look for themselves.

or worse, sending us PMs about their particular car problem, since we're all fonts of knowledge... ;)

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
I haven't installed a car-puter, but I did research it. Looks like the Mac Mini would fit perfectly into the storage compartment under the radio/climate controls in the center. The one thing I couldn't figure out was where to put a decent size touch screen monitor so it wouldn't look awkward.

This site is devoted to car-puters
http://store.mp3car.com/

·
Moderate Moderator
16,485 Posts
Another thing about car-puters is, you need to use a daylight readable monitor. Or locate the monitor in such a way as to have it shaded. If you've ever tried to use a lappy in the daylight, you'll know how hard it can be to see the monitor in strong light.

Another thing to look at (if you live in colder climates) is the monitors minimum operating temperature. Sometimes it gets well below zero F here at night during the winter. A monitor thats been sitting at -10F all night might not image properly until it warms up a bit.

·
Registered
601 Posts
but jay why take a bad day out on someone who just asked a question? it is much easier to be polite and say something like "I'm sure this answer could be found using the search feature".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts