Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 194 Wedge base 6 LED bulb seems to be in stock at www.superbrightleds.com they had been out of stock for a while. I successfully ordered some today. I had wanted the white, but they were out of stock so I got the blue YIKES way too blue, and not legal in MA so a Cop friend tells me....these bulbs are a direct remplacment for the citylights found on newer B5.5's some have reported that they don't fit but I had no problems.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
jdp1.8T said:
The 194 Wedge base 6 LED bulb seems to be in stock at www.superbrightleds.com they had been out of stock for a while. I successfully ordered some today. I had wanted the white, but they were out of stock so I got the blue YIKES way too blue, and not legal in MA so a Cop friend tells me....these bulbs are a direct remplacment for the citylights found on newer B5.5's some have reported that they don't fit but I had no problems.
Thx man for the info :thumbup: Do u think u can post the exact model number for this bulbs? I'm having tough time locatinig it :crazy:

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
dimafp said:
Thx man for the info :thumbup: Do u think u can post the exact model number for this bulbs? I'm having tough time locatinig it :crazy:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=CAR

WLED-W6 White LED bulb <= THIS IS THE ONE TO GET
12VDC White 6-LED Wedge Base Bulb (194/168 type)
.90" X .43" Dia

T13-W6 White LED bulb <= DO NOT GET THIS ONE
12VDC White 6-LED Wedge Base bulb (194/168 type)
1.12" X .50" Dia

W5W ~ Stock size
Philips Blue Vision
.98" X .37" Dia

WLED-W6 White LED bulb

WLED-W6 & Philip Blue W5W

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Ooh. Digital calipers.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
Alric said:
These are in stock again. Any before/after pics?

Thanks!
Lots of WLED-W6 installed pics in here.

For before pics ... hmm take a peek at your own head light :wink: .

ycharlies - if you have the W8 dome light, these bulbs can be used there also.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Question.. When do you use your city lights. I have them and only use them at dusk because they are not very bright. When you say they are illegal I am assuming you are saying that its not legal to use them at night?

·
the Sal wannabe
4,901 Posts
dsk64 said:
Question.. When do you use your city lights. I have them and only use them at dusk because they are not very bright. When you say they are illegal I am assuming you are saying that its not legal to use them at night?
i think he meant it's illegal in certain places to use color leds in the front. white are ok because they come closest to the stock bulbs and they dont stand out as much as the reds, greens, or blues.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
dsk64 said:
They are not legal if they are in BLUE color. With the white ones you can use your citylight anytime day or night without worry :wink: .

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
vuvision said:
........ With the white ones you can use your citylight anytime day or night without worry :wink:
I always worry. Did I ever tell you about getting a ticket for having my clear fogs turned on? Cop said I could not have 4 white lights turned on :roll: This is in the town(BR) where I also was issued a ticket for a "non-stock" exhaust on my 15year old Super Beetle. Be very worried.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had a pair of these but took them out after one failed. Liked the blue-white color but didn't like the narrow beam angle. They only throw light straight out, unlike your stock W5W bulbs that throw light in all directions thus making the whole high-beam reflector glow.

I'm back to my stock city light bulbs now and like 'em better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.